Major Gift Officer, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Division of University Advancement
Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP) invites applications for the position of Major Gift Officer in the development office of the University Advancement Division.
The Major Gift officer is responsible for identifying, engaging, cultivating, and soliciting donors for major gifts of $25,000 or more in support of IUP's programs and students.
The Major Gift Officer will actively manage a prospect portfolio of approximately 150 prospects that will be churned through travel and personal visits, exploratory phone calls, emails, and handwritten notes.
The Major Gift Officer must be adept at working independently and in a team environment with fellow gift officers, advancement associates, faculty, and volunteers to meet annual, individual and team fund raising goals.
The successful candidate will be highly organized, have proven written and oral communication skills, strong follow-through, self-motivation, initiative, be able to build trust-based donor relationships, work collaboratively and strategically with colleagues, and possess a strong knowledge of the principles, ethics and practices of successful fund raising.Indiana University of Pennsylvania is a public research-intensive institution located 55 miles northeast of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. It is one of the two largest universities of the 14 schools comprising the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education.
As of fall 2016, the university enrolled 10,618 undergraduates and 2,235 postgraduates for a total enrollment of 12,853 students. IUP has regional campuses at Punxsutawney, Northpointe (Armstrong), and Pittsburgh East (near Monroeville).
5-7 years of successful fundraising experience in an academic environment Related experience in sales or relational sales will be considered.
Candidates must have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of students, colleagues, and community members.
Candidates must communicate effectively and perform well in the interview(s).
The work of this position occurs in a typical office environment. Although infrequent, periods of heavy exertion may occur. Incumbent must have the following abilities:
- Regular, reliable and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job function, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, professional, harmonious working relationships with others.
- This position requires work outside normal business hours including evenings and weekends as needed to partner effectively, provide prompt customer service, and/or as requested by senior HR
- Ability to travel to field locations and meeting/training sites by motor vehicle when required.
- Some overnight travel required.
- Communicate both orally and in writing to issue, receive and carry out instructions and orders effectively and to convey information to a variety of co-workers and the general
- Use a variety of common office machines such as telephones, calculators, copiers, computer terminals, keyboards, video display terminals, auxiliary printers and similar
- Perform manual duties such as lifting and carrying various weight limits.
- Operate office equipment which may require stooping, kneeling, bending, stretching and prolonged standing.
- Provide assistance and guidance to internal and external customers.
- Follow oral and written instructions
All offers of employment are subject to and contingent upon confirmation of work eligibility and satisfactory completion of all pre-employment background checks.
Committed to excellence through diversity, IUP is an equal opportunity employer M/F/H/V and is a proud member of the State System of Higher Education.