Major Gifts Associate, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Division of University Advancement
Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP) invites applications for the position of Major Gifts Associate in the development office of the University Advancement Division.
The Major Gifts Associate is responsible for establishing and managing prospect and donor relationships with alumni, parents, and friends through cultivation, direct communication, solicitation, and stewardship to meet fundraising goals in furtherance of Comprehensive Campaign and overall goals of the university and the University Advancement Division.
The Associate will play a major role in qualifying prospects for entrance into the major gift pipeline and will have an assigned pool of 100-125 active donor/prospects that will be churned through travel and personal visits, exploratory phone calls, emails, and handwritten notes.
The Associate will plan and execute cultivation and solicitation strategies including proposals and correspondence to successfully secure philanthropic commitments of $10,000 and greater for funding priorities in concert with members of the Individual Giving team, Director of Planned Gifts, and Director of Special Projects.
The Associate will play a major role in working with Deans, Athletic Director, Department Chairs and Coaches to move the mission of University Advancement forward to meet strategic plans and goals.Indiana University of Pennsylvania is a public research-intensive institution located 55 miles northeast of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. It is one of the two largest universities of the 14 schools comprising the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education.
As of fall 2016, the university enrolled 10,618 undergraduates and 2,235 postgraduates for a total enrollment of 12,853 students. IUP has regional campuses at Punxsutawney, Northpointe (Armstrong), and Pittsburgh East (near Monroeville).
1 year progressively responsible and successful fundraising experience
Experience working in an academic setting
Candidates must have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of students, colleagues, and community members.
Candidates must communicate effectively and perform well in the interview(s).
The work of this position occurs in a typical office environment. Although infrequent, periods of heavy exertion may occur. Incumbent must have the following abilities:
- Regular, reliable and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job function, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, professional, harmonious working relationships with others.
- This position requires work outside normal business hours including evenings and weekends as needed to partner effectively, provide prompt customer service, and/or as requested by senior HR
- Ability to travel to field locations and meeting/training sites by motor vehicle when required.
- Some overnight travel required.
- Communicate both orally and in writing to issue, receive and carry out instructions and orders effectively and to convey information to a variety of co-workers and the general public.
- Use of variety of common office machines such as telephones, calculators, copiers, computer terminals, keyboards, auxiliary printers, and similar
- Perform manual duties such as lifting and carrying various weight limits.
- Duties performed may require stooping, kneeling, bending, stretching and prolonged standing.
- Provide assistance and guidance to internal and external customers.
- Follow oral and written instructions
All offers of employment are subject to and contingent upon confirmation of work eligibility and satisfactory completion of all pre-employment background checks.
Committed to excellence through diversity, IUP is an equal opportunity employer M/F/H/V and is a proud member of the State System of Higher Education.