Senior Marketing Associate
Title: Senior Marketing Associate
Manager: Communications Manager
Location: Cambridge, MA (Currently
Root Capital is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team and highly values diverse backgrounds and insights that make our communications more compelling to everyone.
You are a marketing professional who has direct experience applying your skills to engage diverse audiences in an effort to generate revenue. You enjoy the challenge of attracting new audiences and creating multimedia experiences that engage and delight prospective Root Capital supporters. With the ultimate goal of building brand awareness by growing our list of subscribers and donors, you will work closely with the Development and Communications teams to create and deploy fundraising marketing initiatives including campaigns. You will create original content, enhance and execute against our social media strategy, and keep existing donors engaged and excited about our impact through effective stewardship communications. You consider yourself a ‘digital native’ and possess excellent communication skills in English (Spanish a plus but not required); writing and editing experience across diverse channels and mediums; strong interpersonal skills; knowledge of digital communications and current marketing techniques; and a passion for growing prosperity in rural communities around the world.
Donor marketing strategy development and implementation (60%):
- Develop and manage a marketing strategy to increase digital subscribers and online donors, including donors in our mid-tier level ($1000+)
- Through storytelling, video, and multimedia, create digital experiences that introduce Root Capital to new potential donors and keep existing donors inspired and engaged.
- Write, lay out, and distribute regular email communications to donor segments (monthly, mid-tier, lapsed donors, and more) and manage Mailchimp lists and workflows related to these segments.
- Manage planning and implementation of online fundraising campaigns (creating landing pages for website, drafting solicitation emails, driving donor engagement on social media, etc.), including coordinating global staff participation in fundraising efforts.
- Respond to content requests from the Development team (e.g., developing donor collateral, formatting client stories, sending photos and other resources to donors, etc.)
Communications content strategy, development, and distribution (30%):
- Contribute to high-level team planning around branding, editorial strategy, and communications. With team members, think creatively about how to engage, inspire, and educate all of Root Capital’s priority audiences.
- Pitch ideas for Root Capital’s editorial calendar, ensuring content reflects priority audiences and topics. Work with global staff to identify and source compelling new stories about our work.
- Advise Root Capital teams on marketing strategies, techniques, and trends as applicable to our goals for each audience.
- Write and edit original content, including blog posts, email newsletters, collateral, reports, media articles, and more. As needed, ghostwrite content for staff members.
- Collaborate on social media strategy and marketing across multiple platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram) for Root Capital.
Administrative/team support (10%):
- Develop and maintain email lists and workflows, contact database management, and other departmental infrastructure for fundraising marketing, and social media.
- Track and analyze metrics across digital platforms (email, social media), using this to inform strategy creation and adjustments.
- Engage and respond to incoming social media messages as part of our broader communications strategy.
- Help streamline systems and processes for the Creative team, including maintaining photo and quotes databases and other departmental infrastructure.
Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3-5 years of related professional marketing experience.
- Experience successfully creating, managing, and implementing marketing campaigns for donor audiences.
- Experience writing and editing marketing and fundraising content (email, website, blog, social media, and print).
- Demonstrated ability to use online communications, email marketing, and social media as tools for constituency engagement, brand awareness, and lead generation.
- Fluent in the coordination of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram), including posting content and analyzing results and trends.
- Ability to think creatively, take initiative, and work independently, while also enjoying collaboration with the team.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) desired.
- Proficient Spanish speaker and writer is a plus.
- A team player with a sense of humor.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Willingness and ability to travel to Root Capital global offices when needed.
Root Capital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, active military or veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy and childbirth, and breastfeeding and expressing breast milk), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Root Capital is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that upholds our leadership principles of accountability, empowerment, equity, integrity, service, and transparency.
To apply, please visit: https://rootcapital.org/careers/