Job Title: Development Director, Full Time
Location: Washington, D.C.
Supervisor: Executive Director
Estimated Travel: 15-20%
Catholic Climate Covenant
Catholic Climate Covenant inspires and equips people and institutions to care for creation and care for the poor. Through our 19 national partners, we guide the U.S. Church's response to climate change by educating, giving public witness, and offering resources. Websites: www.catholicclimatecovenant.org and www.catholicenergies.org
The Development Director coordinates activities with both the Executive Director and Associate Director of Catholic Climate Covenant. The incumbent creates and oversees the implementation and messaging for a strategic approach to fundraising which includes major gifts, annual giving, planned giving, and grant solicitation. The Development Director oversees all aspects of fundraising including setting fundraising goals, managing fundraising timelines, and monitoring fundraising budgets for income and expenditures. In collaboration with the Executive Director and other senior staff, the Development Director is responsible for raising $1M annually to sustain the Covenant’s operational and programmatic costs. The Development Director may be required to travel domestically as much as 15-20%.
- With the Executive and Associate Directors, develop a
fundraising plan and oversee all components of the Development
- Develop and grow a portfolio of major donors and prospects.
- Prepare and submit funding applications and reports.
- Plan and execute fundraising campaigns and regular appeals.
- Identify and develop corporate, community and individual prospects.
- Oversee the administration of a coordinated constituent relationship management system, via Salsa Labs.
- Develop and manage fundraising budgets for income and expenses.
- Oversee and undertake stewardship for all donors, with the aim to deepen donor relationships with the Covenant.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in development work, including demonstrated ability to secure major gifts and grants.
- Ability to act collaboratively, think strategically, recognize opportunities for funding campaigns and grants, identify high-return activities, and prioritize them to attain fundraising goals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel in the U.S.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and fundraising database systems (Salsa Labs experience a plus).
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of the Catholic Climate Covenant, the Catholic Church and its teachings, and to reducing the threat of climate change.
Salary and Benefits
Catholic Climate Covenant offers health insurance, retirement plan, and generous leave. Salary will be commensurate with experience and between $80,000 and $100,000.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Catholic Climate Covenant is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Catholic Climate Covenant does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the law. We welcome applicants from a diverse spectrum of qualified candidates.