Manager, Development and Events
Since 1980, Debra of America has been dedicated to increasing the quality of life of those living with Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB) in the Unites States.
We provide free programs and services to all of the people living with EB, while investing in biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies and funding the most innovative academic research for treatments and a cure.
Every year, 200 children are born with EB in the United States. That is in addition to the approximately 25,000 people already living with the disease. While that sounds like many people with the disease, it is considered rare. Regardless of the numbers, it is the immense burden of EB that drives the need for a high level of patient support, and why we call EB “the worst disease you’ve never heard of”. People with EB live with constant excruciating physical pain, which is a huge factor for the emotional distress this disease causes. Coping with EB also inflicts tremendous financial challenges to the individuals and families affected. As of today, there is no FDA approved treatment or cure. However, we are on the forefront of gene and cell therapy and in fact have three gene therapies in phase 3 clinical trials.
We are searching for a talented and motivated individual who will work directly with the Chief Operating and Development Officer. The successful candidate will hold the title, Manager, Development & Events. You will be responsible for every part of event preparation from small local fundraisers to several hundred person Galas. You will be involved with planning and executing virtual events, peer to peer events and in person events. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, choosing venue sites, leading committees, developing logistical plans, and measuring and evaluating successes and targeting areas of improvement.
Salary range: $40,000 - $52,000 per year.
- Plan and execute small and large events based on the allocated budget and ROI.
- General Sales and Marketing activities.
- Negotiate with appropriate vendors and key stakeholders.
- Build and maintain customer and vendor relationships.
- Coordinate with all the departments involved in the organization of the event.
- Develop and grow as an Event professional by attending and engaging in weekly sales meetings and sharing strategic ideas to enhance the impact of events.
- Working like it is your own company.
- Enthusiastically communicate with all stakeholders. Take ownership and leave a positive lasting impression on all contacts.
- Hold yourself accountable for measurable, high-quality, and timely results.
- Previous experience as an event and/or meeting coordinator required.
- A proven track record of organizing, planning, and leading successful events.
- Excellent vendor management skills.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills.
- Organized self-starter.
- Able to handle stress and remain calm.
- Problem-solving ability.
- Sales experience.
- A bachelor’s degree in hospitality, marketing, or a related field preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- A desire to learn and grow within the company.
- Based in Atlanta area
- Full Benefits
Entry to Mid-Level