President & CEO, Pritzker Military Museum & Library
The President & CEO shall be the principal executive officer of the Museum & Library, including both the Chicago and Somers campuses, and shall provide, under direction of the Board of Directors, general supervision and control of the business and affairs of the Museum & Library.
The President & CEO will collaborate with the Founder of the PMML and COO of Philanthropic Activities on programs and other initiatives designed to further the mission of the PMML.
Essential Position Qualifications
- Successful senior executive with 10+ years’ experience in non-profit operations and fundraising; museum and/or library services preferred. Individual with significant experience in for-profit business, academia or high level professional practice such as law or accounting will also be considered.
- Master’s Degree or higher required; Military education at the level of Command and General Staff College or War College will also be favorably considered.
- In depth knowledge, personal interest, and experience with military history and/or military affairs. Direct military experience a plus.
- Energetic self-starter with the ability to exercise appropriate discretion, a high level of professionalism and excellent personal reputation.
- Willing and able to promote and develop the PMML and maintain the highest standards of intellectual integrity.
- Personable, articulate, dependable, organized, and attentive to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to communicate effectively and establish rapport with a wide variety of people including but not limited to the Founder, board members, staff, members, supporters, donors, vendors and colleagues.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and experience in managing and developing professional staff.
- Demonstrated public speaking skills
- Willingness to travel as required/requested
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain partnerships and relationships with a diverse array of organizations and individuals.
- Financially literate and highly sensitive and cognizant of ratios and amounts needed for operational sustainment, growth and development as well as ability to do realistic financial projections at the non CPA level.
Assigned Responsibilities & Duties
- Work with the Director of Development and development staff to lead the annual fundraising planning process and develop effective strategies to achieve income targets;
- Increase overall growth by 20% annually through donor base expansion and additional giving opportunities;
- Achieve public operating charity status in line with the strategic plan and organizational goals;
- Identify new potential income sources and produce strategies to access these funds;
- Lead an Individual Giving Development Plan which includes recruitment and development of new donors, as well as major gifts and planned giving programs.
- Lead all activity related to the planning and execution of the annual Liberty Gala;
- Work with the Director of Development and designated consultants to raise funds for the PMAC and Cold War Memorial in Somers, WI.
- Work with the Director of Development toward the growth of the membership program.
- Work with the Director of Programs and Outreach to develop and execute content strategy in such areas such as public television programs, Liberty Gala operations and to meet vendor obligations;
- Work with appropriate staff to develop educational programs for K-12 students and family-oriented programming;
- Serve as executive producer of PMML programs and executive editor of PMML publications;
- As directed, serve as a board member or committee member of key partner organizations;
- Work with the Director of Library Services and the Director of Museum Collections on the procurement of new collections and development of programs to reach new audiences;
- Work with Director of Museum Collections on the development of public exhibits and development of exclusive member and donor programs;
- Work with the Senior Director on all financial matters and volunteer and intern activities;
- Collaborate with the Chief Operating Officer of Philanthropic Activities of the TAWANI Foundation and the Pritzker Military Foundation to establish and maintain partnerships with local and national organizations;
- Develop programs that link the PMML (Chicago) with the PMAC (Somers, WI) for cross-promotion and engagement.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS & EXTERNAL RELATIONS:
- Organize and Participate in meetings of the Board of Directors as an ex officio member;
- In cooperation with the Board of Directors, lead the strategic development process to achieve agreed upon long term goals;
- Establish and maintain relationships with VIP members and donors in order to be a conduit for their message;
- Work with MarCom team to effectively advance the visibility, mission and message of the PMML;
- Establish and maintain partnerships with local and national universities, identifying the PMML as a resource to the academic community;
- Act as spokesperson for the PMML;
- Understand and execute on the terms of complex business relationships and contracts;
- Work with Founder & Chair to grow a board of directors with local, regional and national reach;
- Serve as a board member of the Pritzker Military Foundation;
- Serve as the administrative head and as an ex-officio member of the PMML Literature Award Screening Committee and PMML Citizen Soldier Award Committee.
- Create and implement a strategic plan with specific, measurable, outcomes;
- Supervision and professional development of 5 direct reports and a staff of more than 22 full-time, part-time, interns and volunteers
- Work with TAWANI CFO and COO of Philanthropic Activities to develop and execute annual budget;
- Advise and inform the COO of Philanthropic Activities on all issues related to administrative matters of the PMML;
- Attend and support PMML regularly scheduled and special events, including but not limited to evening events;
- Develop and deliver reports relevant to PMML operations at both Chicago and Somers campuses as directed/requested by the Board of Directors;
- Coordinate with TAWANI Enterprises, TAWANI Foundation, Pritzker Military Foundation and other organizational counterparts to support operations and activities;
- Special projects or assignments as requested by the Board of Directors
- Direct the work of key PMML contractors including individuals hired toward PMML book production, PR, Fundraising, special project work.
- Work with other Tawani Enterprises contractors as required toward special projects and regular operations
Apply for President & CEO, Pritzker Military Museum & Library
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly