Information Technology Associate - User Support and Services Associate, Office of Advancement
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Open to all
Closing: May 5
Come join a team of dedicated staff at an exceptional time in Smithsonian history. With our Secretary, Lonnie G. Bunch III, who was previously the founding director of the Smithsonian's National Museum of African American History and Culture, we are positioned to realize our goal of being a truly 21st century museum complex. The Smithsonian is dedicated to its founding mission, "the increase and diffusion of knowledge", and as such we use our resources to encourage curiosity, ignite wonder and spark the joy of learning. Following the success of the Smithsonian's first comprehensive capital campaign, the largest ever undertaken by a cultural organization, the Smithsonian has built a model fundraising organization. This position offers exciting opportunities for the successful candidate to make a significant impact on the future of the Smithsonian. There is no better time to join this amazing Institution.
The Smithsonian Institution's Office of Advancement seeks a User Support and Services Associate to serve as an integral member of the Advancement Technology Services (ATS) team within Advancement Information Services (AIS). The Associate provides outstanding training and support for the more than 300 Advancement users of the Pan-Institutional Database for Advancement (PANDA), based on Ellucian Advance. In their role as the lead trainer on PANDA and primary resource for the PANDA solutions desk (PANDAHelp), the Associate delivers an average of 10 classes, takes initial action on more than 100 inquiries each month, and provides thoughtful answers and solutions for a significant subset of PANDAHelp submissions.
The User Support and Services Associate:
- Performs all functional and administrative tasks related to the PANDA training program - including delivery of standard and customized training, webinar development and delivery, curriculum development and revision, scheduling, and registrant management.
- Provides initial analysis and review of user questions and requests regarding PANDA. Assists users by recognizing and providing solutions, recommending actions to resolve current problems and avoid future difficulties, documenting solutions, and/or involving other ATS/AIS staff members with the expertise or access to assist the user.
- Works with users, front-line Advancement staff, and ATS/AIS team members to test and implement new functionality, develop and distribute user communications, determine best practices, and document requirements.
- Manages PANDA user accounts per Smithsonian policies.
Successful candidates will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, evidenced by the ability to create and deliver effective and engaging presentations, trainings, end-user documentation, and training materials.
- Excellent judgement, critical-thinking, and decision-making skills, evidenced by the ability to respond to user inquiries clearly, professionally, and accurately in a timely manner
- Demonstrated ability building relationships and inspiring others
- Demonstrated experience with, and dedication to, using customer support concepts and methods to interpret and evaluate user requirements, deliver satisfactory solutions, and resolve customer requests and inquiries
- Knowledge of fundraising business and technology
Candidates must have a minimum of one year of experience delivering training, supporting fundraising efforts, or providing direct customer support. Bachelor's degree, and three years of progressively more responsible work experience demonstrating problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills is required. Experience with the Ellucian Advance system and the fundraising business function are preferred.
The Smithsonian is a unique complex of 19 museums and galleries, the National Zoological Park, and nine research centers. It is a national and world treasure that is dedicated to its founding mission, "the increase and diffusion of knowledge." Its exhibitions, programs, collections, and outreach touch the lives of millions of Americans every year, as well as many who visit us from abroad.
The Office of Advancement oversees and guides the fundraising efforts of the entire Smithsonian and is home to the central advancement organization for the Institution. In addition to raising significant support for a variety of Smithsonian initiatives, the Office of Advancement provides support services to advancement offices across the Institution. The Office engages with staff throughout the Smithsonian in accomplishing their goals.
The Smithsonian offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. To learn more about us visit www.si.edu . This is not a Federal Position but has similar requirements and benefits. Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letter to email@example.com by May 5, 2021. Please include the position title in your e-mail subject line. Resumes should include a description of your paid and non-paid work experience that is related to this job; starting and ending dates of job (Month and year); and average number of hours worked per week.
The Smithsonian Institution is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.