Director of Development, Arts Education
The Gabriella Foundation
Director of Development – Job Posting
The Gabriella Foundation (TGF) transforms lives and communities through the power of dance. Founded in 1999 by Liza Bercovici in memory of her 13-year-old daughter, Gabriella Axelrad, who loved to dance, the organization provides dance education in schools and after-school for youth at little or no cost. TGF uses dance as a tool for learning, with professional teaching artists bringing standards-based curriculum to life in high-energy classes for K to 8 students. Our after-school program focuses on the technical mastery of dance in a studio setting. Students ages 4-19 years old are encouraged to study multiple forms of dance—ballet, pointe, jazz, modern, tap, hip-hop and break dancing after school. Currently the In School and After School programs serve over 4,000 students annually.
TGF seeks a dynamic, self-starting, entrepreneurial individual to join the organization at a critical and exciting stage in its 21-year history. The position reports to the Program & Artistic Director and works in close collaboration with the Administrative Director and the Board of Directors. The Director of Development is responsible for planning, developing and implementing comprehensive strategies to maintain and increase individual, corporate, and planned giving philanthropic support of The Gabriella Foundation through direct solicitation and event support. In addition, the position is responsible for ensuring communications that support TGF’s strategic goals and enhance the organization’s visibility.
The Director of Development will be a trusted advisor to the Program & Artistic Director and will participate in executing the organizations recently completed strategic plan. The person will also ensure that fundraising and communications strategies are aligned with TGF’s sustainability and growth plans and manage the day-to-day administration of all development operations, including supervision of the Development and Marketing Manager.
- Design and execute TGF’s fundraising plan for raising annual operating income, increasing overall support, and diversifying revenue streams through individual, corporate and planned giving.
- Manage the strategic participation of key staff and board members in cultivating and stewarding individual, foundation, corporate and other donors
- Maintain up-to-date calendar and work plans for all development efforts, including donor communications and events
- Ensure excellent recordkeeping to record, acknowledge and encourage individual, institutional, and corporate giving consistently to ensure integrity of data
- Serve as an engaging external representative of TGF, nurturing relationships with TGF’s Board, donors and partners
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the philanthropic landscape to pursue opportunistic partnerships as they relate to individual donors, major donors, giving trends, and charitable contributions in the field of performing arts, dance and youth development.
- Develop content and messaging for external communications to increase TGF’s visibility and enhance TGF’s brand
- In partnership with the Administrative Director and Development and Marketing Manager oversee TGF’s website and support a brand aligned social media strategy
- Oversee planning and execution of TGF’s signature annual event, as well as smaller donor engagement events, in collaboration with the Board of Directors and staff members to ensure maximum fundraising potential.
The Gabriella Foundation/Everybody Dance is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. People of color, LGBTQIA and bilingual individuals are encouraged to apply.
Apply for Director of Development, Arts Education
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly