Major Gifts Specialist
Who We Are
Casa de los Niños is one of the most established and well respected non-profit organizations in Tucson. We have been helping kids and healing families since 1973. Our services include parent education classes, Foster Care, Parents As Teachers, Behavioral Health, and Nurse-Family Partnership Program!
The Major Gifts Specialist is a front-line fundraiser reporting to the Vice President of Development and Public Relations. Responsible for helping CDLN reach its fundraising goals by developing strategies for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors who can make gifts of at least $5,000. This position will manage a portfolio of 50-100 high wealth prospects by designing and developing solicitation strategies, identifying gift opportunities that match donors' interests, personally soliciting gifts and, continually stewarding major gift donors. In addition, identifies, cultivates, and stewards high-level annual donors and planned giving prospects.
- Helps to create and reach CDLN fundraising goals.
- Develops strategies for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors.
- Manages multiple prospect portfolios at one time.
- Designs and develops solicitation strategies in a professional manner.
- Identifies gifting opportunities to match donor's interests.
- Identifies, cultivates, and stewards high-level annual donors.
- Continually stewards major gift donors.
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree or advanced certification such as CFRE preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in development, advancement, or fundraising, with demonstrated success in nonprofit, medical, or education-related organizations.
- Documented record of successfully closing gifts within or above the range outlined.
- Must be able to meet training and agency requirements for the position.
- Must foster an environment that is solution-focused, dedicated, and compassionate to support the organization's mission, values, and strategic direction.
- Must exhibit a demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion, valuing diverse perspectives and encouraging contributions by all team members.
- Must possess or be able to qualify for and maintain a valid Arizona department of public safety level one fingerprint clearance card.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Arizona driver's license and be insurable under the agency's automobile policy.
Casa de los Niños promotes child well-being and family stability in our community. We place top priority on hiring and growing a team of knowledgeable, passionate, creative, and diverse individuals who have a strong desire to empower children and families within our community. More information about us and our current job openings is available at www.casadelosninos.org. Casa de los Niños is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, gender identity, gender(sex), sexual orientation, or familial status.