Assistant Director of Development
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Director of Development
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: May occasionally instruct or assist other employees including interns.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
ADL (Anti-Defamation League) is the leading anti-hate organization in the world. Founded in 1913 in response to an escalating climate of antisemitism and bigotry, its essential mission hasn’t changed in more than 100 years: to stop the defamation of the Jewish people and to secure justice and fair treatment to all. Today, ADL continues to fight all forms of hate with the same vigor and passion. ADL is the first call when acts of antisemitism occur. A global leader in exposing extremism, delivering anti-bias education, and fighting hate online, ADL’s ultimate goal is a world in which no group or individual suffers from bias, discrimination or hate.
ADL’s CEO and National Director, Jonathan Greenblatt—an accomplished leader and entrepreneur in the corporate, public, and nonprofit sectors—was recruited to the organization in July 2015. He has injected new energy and brought a bold vision to the agency. Under Jonathan’s leadership, ADL is transforming itself, upgrading its capabilities, leveraging innovation, building partnerships, and pioneering new horizons.
Develop, plan, and execute targeted fundraising strategies to grow the region's corporate and foundation donor base, including the stewardship of current corporate and foundation donors and identification and cultivation of new donors. Manage a portrfolio of individual donors.Responsibilities
- Assist the Director of Development in setting fundraising priorities and establishing corporate and foundation fundriasing goals.
- Identify/research, engage and cultivate relationships with prospective corporate and foundation donors to grow our annual and long-term fundriaing base.
- Manage a portfolio of current corporate and foundations donors and lead stewardship efforts with them.
- Draft and prepare corporate and foundation grant applications and proposals.
- As appropriate, plan, organize and execute fundraising events such as, but not limited to, educational programs, trade and industry events, small-scale fundriaisng events.
- With appropriate staff, prepare press releases, program outlines and related publicity materials.
- In consultation with the Director of Development, plan and engage in solicitation of board and non-board member contributors, cultivate lay persons and coordinate donor recognition activities.
- Maintain appropriate prospect and donor records, mailing lists and fund records.
- Contribute to regional management by participating in overall regional office administration.
- Participate in special assignments or projects to assist the Regional Director of Development or as representative at the National level.
- Participate in development-related functions such as marketing, design/preparation of print materials (such as the region's End of Year solicitations and Annual Impact Report), event logistics, and post-event follow up based on individual skills and office needs.
- Good organizational and administrative skills including the ability to multi-task.
- The proven ability to solicit and close financial agreements with donors is essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills and good oral and written presentation skills are needed.
- Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet, and database management software is needed.
- Two to five years of community fundraising experience in a volunteer environment.
- Experience in corporate and foundation fundraising preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience.
The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job, nor is it to be interpreted as a contract for employment.
Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
ADL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Recruitment, hiring, promotions and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment shall be maintained in a manner which does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or military status, or in violation of any applicable Federal, state or local legislation.Apply for this job online Email this job to a friend Share on your newsfeed Loading...