Assistant Regional Director
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Regional Director, ADL Nevada Region
REPORTS TO: Regional Director, ADL Nevada Region
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Interns
LOCATION: Las Vegas, NV
Grade/Class: Grade E, Exempt, PSA-Eligible
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
ADL (Anti-Defamation League) is the leading anti-hate organization in the world. Founded in 1913 in response to an escalating climate of antisemitism and bigotry, its essential mission hasn’t changed in more than 100 years: to stop the defamation of the Jewish people and to secure justice and fair treatment to all. Today, ADL continues to fight all forms of hate with the same vigor and passion. ADL is the first call when acts of antisemitism occur. A global leader in exposing extremism, delivering anti-bias education, and fighting hate online, ADL’s ultimate goal is a world in which no group or individual suffers from bias, discrimination or hate.
ADL’s CEO and National Director, Jonathan Greenblatt—an accomplished leader and entrepreneur in the corporate, public, and nonprofit sectors—was recruited to the organization in July 2015. He has injected new energy and brought a bold vision to the agency. Under Jonathan’s leadership, ADL is transforming itself, upgrading its capabilities, leveraging innovation, building partnerships, and pioneering new horizons.
The Assistant Regional Director (RD) for the ADL Nevada Region is a key component to the Regional operations team. In this role the Assistant RD is a utility team player within the Region who leads and supports the implementation of ADL programs that may include some or all of the following: investigative research, inter-faith and multi-cultural outreach, law enforcement training, civil rights, discrimination complaint responses, institutional security training, leadership development, public relations, events planning, social media and fund-raising. The Assistant RD also provides staff support to assigned volunteer committee(s) and assists the Regional office team with office operations.
- Receive and conduct initial investigation of complaints of discrimination, antisemitic incidents and other civil rights issues. Conduct routine fact-finding research, using established contacts and developing sources as appropriate. Resolve complaints or refer to Regional Director of CSC (national) team members as necessary. Ensure that required reports and comprehensive incident tracking are maintained.
- Provide staff support to volunteer-led committees as assigned. Assist with related program and event planning. Coordinate speakers and logistics for related conferences.
- Manage, maintain, and regularly update the Regional website and social media channels.
- Develop community relationships and network with other community groups to facilitate effective community action.
- Represent ADL by speaking to school and student groups and law enforcement agencies. Conduct training directly and/or train volunteer leaders as facilitators for training programs, as appropriate.
- Respond to inquiries from members of the public, demonstrating a working knowledge of ADL’s policies and positions and relevant local, national and world events, and assist Regional Director to respond to inquiries from the press.
- Read, monitor and respond to media reports and opinion articles. May write and/or edit regional newsletters or prepare Insider Briefings.
- Maintain contacts with the staff of state legislators, local legislators and relevant government officials to promote the mission of ADL.
- May provide staff support to the Region’s Glass Leadership Institute, Associate Board and Advocacy Institute.
- Work closely with Regional Director on incident reports and response
- Oversee Salesforce and community partner database
- Assist in the smooth-functioning of the office administration.
- Undertake ad hoc research projects and provide special events assistance as required by the Regional Director.
- May participate in fundraising events, cultivate potential donors and assist in maintaining donor relationships.
- May schedule appointments and speaking engagements, coordinate meetings and conference calls, and make travel arrangements as requested.
- May provide administrative support for special events, board retreats and coordinate regular board meetings. Undertake all necessary details of event logistics, reserve location, negotiate contracts, plan menus, arrange set up, mail invitations, and monitor reservations.
- May manage regional office budget expenses. Process check requests. Prepare and follow up on invoices and billing of outside vendors and consultants. Establish and maintain financial databases as appropriate. Assist Regional Director with budget preparation as needed.
- May maintain supplies of ADL literature and respond to requests for materials.
- Strong administrative, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Proven ability to work with and influence a wide variety of people.
- Proven diplomatic and conflict resolution skills are required.
- Strong public speaking and writing skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task to complete projects on deadline. Comfort in working with colleagues remotely across the country essential.
- Strong competency with Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Familiarity with WordPress, Salesforce, and social media platforms, or ability to adapt quickly to new technology platforms.
- Two to four years of progressively responsible human relations or community service experience required.
- Program management experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends when necessary to represent ADL and to attend community events. Some travel within the region.
The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job, nor is it to be interpreted as a contract for employment.
Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
ADL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Recruitment, hiring, promotions and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment shall be maintained in a manner which does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or military status, or in violation of any applicable Federal, state or local legislation.
Apply for Assistant Regional Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly