Director of Development - Mid-Atlantic
Ducks Unlimited, Inc., the continent’s leader in waterfowl and wetlands conservation, seeks a Director of Development in the Mid-Atlantic region with the following fundraising responsibilities:
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, and solicit major and planned gifts from individuals, corporations and foundations that are part of an identified prospect portfolio to help support the conservation mission of Ducks Unlimited (DU).
- Coordinate with conservation and development to develop proposals and secure funding for DU’s habitat conservation priorities as defined by DU’s Strategic Plan, to include support for operations, conservation in key landscapes, educational programs and DU’s endowment.
- Partner with the event fundraising staff and volunteers to raise awareness of DU’s major gift program to increase philanthropic revenue in the region.
- Work with the volunteer leadership to motivate and guide DU volunteers to assist with major gift fundraising.
- Serve as the staff liaison to the State Campaign Committees in the Mid-Atlantic area of responsibility.
- Achieve goals established in Annual Work Plan.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of four years fundraising or related experience with an emphasis on personal major gift solicitation and a strong conservation ethic. Additional qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship and team-building skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to and experience with prospect moves management
- Ability to provide leadership and guidance to other fundraising professionals and volunteers
- Computer literacy with a proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and database management programs
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work independently as well as part of a team and is driven to succeed. Familiarity with planned giving, experience with comprehensive fundraising campaigns, relationships in and a working knowledge of the region’s philanthropic community, and an interest in outdoor conservation activities are also desired. The selected candidate should have the desire and ability to travel extensively within the region and will be expected to reside in a mutually agreed upon location within the Mid-Atlantic area of responsibility.
To apply please fill out the application materials on this link: https://tinyurl.com/8nne59dc and include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. To request application materials, please contact Brittani Donovan, email@example.com, (734) 623-2000. For further information regarding this position, contact Todd E. Bishop, Managing Director of Development for the Great Lakes Atlantic Region, firstname.lastname@example.org; 734-623-2012.
Resume review will begin on April 30, 2021 and continue until the position is filled.
DUCKS UNLIMITED, INC. IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Ducks Unlimited, Inc. to afford equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 or over), disability (physical, mental or visual), genetic information, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), military and veteran status, immigration status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.