The American Academy in Berlin was established in 1994. Its primary goal is to foster greater understanding and dialogue between the people of the United States and the people of Germany. The independent, privately funded, and not-for profit institution offers residential fellowships at its Hans Arnhold Center in Berlin to American scholars, writers, policymakers, and artists, permitting them to pursue their work in a manner that encourages participation in the vibrant life of Berlin and Germany. The Academy also brings leading Americans to Berlin for briefer visits to facilitate a robust exchange of views in a transatlantic context. The Academy’s head office operates in New York with a small team; the main operative unit is located in Berlin.
The American Academy in Berlin’s New York City Office is
seeking a Development Assistant. This position is full-time (40
hours per week) and will report to the Vice President of
Regular duties will include:
- Providing support for the Vice President of Development as well as the New York Representative in the coordination of US fundraising efforts and general office operations
- Processing and recording US donations; generating gift acknowledgments
- Drafting and proofreading donor correspondence
- Undertaking daily database entry, updates and report generation
- Assisting with the organization of Academy fundraisers and alumni-related events in the US
- Assisting with the planning and organization of board and committee meetings
- Assisting the Fellows Selection team in the organization of annual meetings in New York
- Supporting office management including but not limited to answering telephones, processing mail, preparing correspondence and invoices, facilitating travel logistics, coordinating calendars and overseeing office supply inventory
- Supporting all other general US-based Academy initiatives as directed
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least one year of office experience (including internships)
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including MS Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Event or project management experience and strong time management skills
- Ability to use sound judgment and discretion when working with highly confidential information
- Detail-oriented, reliable team player with the ability to multi-task
Salary is commensurate with experience and educational background. The American Academy in Berlin offers a health benefits package and retirement savings plan.
Please send your application (as single pdf) with cover letter, resumé, and salary expectations.
The American Academy in Berlin is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, national origin, ethnic origin, citizenship status, disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in its employment policies. In addition, the American Academy in Berlin will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Apply for Development Assistant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly