Donor Relations Manager
Through healing, education, and love, the Agahozo-Shalom Youth Village (ASYV) empowers orphaned and vulnerable Rwandan youth to build lives of dignity and contribute to a better world. About to undertake a project that will bring ASYV to scale across Rwanda and change the educational landscape for vulnerable youth throughout the country, ASYV is launching a five-year major gift campaign to raise $20M to ensure its long-term sustainability.
The Donor Relations Manager will spearhead the campaign’s planning, communications, and committee. They will have the opportunity to develop, manage, and execute a major gifts campaign, in conjunction with the Managing Director and Executive Director (ED), and see it to fruition. Through planned, targeted communication with individual donors (calls, emails, texts, and letters), the Donor Relations Manager will foster a personal relationship with donors, and invite them into a deeper relationship with ASYV, ultimately resulting in increased financial support of the organization. This position requires a personable demeanour and can-do spirit, along with a love for talking to new people and engaging in wide-ranging conversations. The Donor Relations Manager will also steer ASYV’s general development communications, working closely with the MD and NYC staff to build an informative and warm donor culture.
The Donor Relations Manager reports to ASYV’s Managing Director (MD). Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Comprehensive Campaign
- Partner with MD to develop comprehensive campaign implementation plans; project manage execution of plans.
- Develop campaign materials in conjunction with design vendors.
- Steward campaign committee, including managing meetings and communication with chairs and members.
- Draft campaign proposals for individual and family donors.
- Cultivate donors and accompany MD and/or ED on solicitations.
- Development Communications
- Create donor-facing, multi-media materials in conjunction with design vendors.
- Help identify stories and messaging to be shared in various media with donors and prospects.
- General Fundraising
- Maintain year-round cultivation relationships with prospects and donors as assigned.
- Draft proposals or solicitations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college and five to seven years of development experience
- Fluency with and skill in developing multi-media donor communication materials
- Experience with developing and managing a major gift campaign
- Strong written and oral communication skills and attention to detail
- Skills with Microsoft Office suite; experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus
- Comfort with communicating across cultural differences
- Interest in the work of the Agahozo-Shalom Youth Village and dedication to its Core Values
To apply, please send a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Due to the volume of applicants, we will be unable to respond to every application; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.