Data and CRM Manager
The Aspen Institute
The Aspen Institute is a global nonprofit organization committed to realizing a free, just and equitable society. For 70 years, the Institute has driven change through dialogue, leadership, and action to help solve the most critical challenges facing communities in the United States and around the world. Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Institute has offices in Aspen, Colorado and New York City, and an international network of partners.
The Data and CRM Manager supports the fundraising efforts of the Aspen Institute through administration and development of the Institute’s Salesforce NPSP instance. They are the lead administrator and work with stakeholders and end-users to understand business requirements and develop effective solutions. They focus on maximizing the impact of the Aspen Institute by strengthening the position of the CRM as our one source of truth, supporting the data management needs related to fundraising, and facilitating accurate and reliable data with frequent reporting.
The ideal candidate thrives in a team and collaborative environment, is end-user focused, and has an exceptional ability to solve complex problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with non-technical program leaders to translate their business requirements into usable, scalable Salesforce solutions.
- Support multiple departments in all phases of Salesforce development, including requirements gathering, solution design, deployment, and support.
- Serve as the primary systems administrator for the Salesforce - NPSP database platform.
- Design, implement and manage new and existing Salesforce features including user management, roles/profiles, permission sets, custom objects, page layouts, custom fields, formula fields, validations, workflows rules, email templates, process builder, flows, Lightning pages, and custom metadata types.
- Help develop and maintain Salesforce governance strategy and high data integrity. Complete regular internal system audits and prepare for upgrades; ensure relevant data practices strengthen organizational compliance.
- Provide day to day user support and answer user questions, troubleshoot configuration defects and process gaps.
- Manage data team.
Routinely interacts with all OIA staff, the Communications, Accounting, and Information Technology departments as well as Program directors and staff.
Knowledge, Education and Experience
- 4+ years hands-on experience with Salesforce administration, development, and change management, including working with an enterprise-level Salesforce org.
- Experience working with Salesforce Non-Profit Success Pack.
- Salesforce certification (ADM 201 or ADM 301) is highly desired.
- Proficient with data export/import and data maintenance using tools such as Data Loader or DemandTools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including an ability to effectively communicate in both layman’s and technical terms.
- Proven excellence in problem-solving and ability to troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or professional experience and discipline that demonstrates equivalent talent.
The Aspen Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all District and federal laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.
Candidate must have the ability to work under pressure and handle stress. Candidate must also have the ability to meet the regular attendance policy of the Aspen Institute.
Apply for Data and CRM Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly