Director of Major Gifts, Medal of Honor Foundation
The Congressional Medal of Honor Society's membership is comprised of those who wear the Medal of Honor, our nation's highest military award for valor. Recipients are committed to serving our country in peace as they did in war by championing the values of courage, sacrifice, integrity, commitment, patriotism, and citizenship. That mission has become increasingly important as the number of living Medal of Honor Recipients continues to decrease. The non-profit Society preserves their stories and shares their values through Outreach and Education initiatives. The Medal of Honor Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit established in 1999 to advance the mission and provide a path for financial support of the Congressional Medal of Honor Society.
Today, the Society creates a bond between Recipients while keeping their memories alive, protecting the legacy of the Medal, and promoting the values and ideals upon which our country was founded. It remains the only group chartered by Congress to take on such great responsibilities.
The Medal of Honor Foundation is seeking a Director of Major Gifts to continue to work toward diversifying the Foundation’s donor base. The Director will seek to provide opportunities for investments that move beyond transactional and restricted grants, toward more mission-based partnerships and unrestricted funding. The Director works in strong partnership with the Executive Director of Philanthropy to ensure the successful delivery on all annual fundraising goals to provide for the current and future needs of the Society. Specific qualifications include:
- At least 5 years of successful fundraising experience in managing high-level donor and prospect relationships.
- Experience effectively engaging with and supporting military leaders preferred.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan, and implement a programmatic approach to building relationships and securing philanthropic support, including setting ambitious goals, developing strategies for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship, and prioritizing activities.
- Experience personally cultivating relationships with major donors that have resulted in the successful solicitation of 6-figure gifts or higher.
- Must be self-directed, flexible, creative, able to work independently and perform with poise under pressure, while delivering strong, measurable results.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for the Medal of Honor Foundation. All of DRi's searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to email@example.com.
Apply for Director of Major Gifts, Medal of Honor Foundation
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly