Associate Director, Corporate Partnerships
ONE is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality.
Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account.
ONE’s supporters are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Dakar, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris and Washington DC, educate and lobby governments to shape policy solutions that save and improve millions of lives — and which every year are under threat from cuts and other priorities.
ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about making change and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application.
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organization and contribute to our mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Associate Director, Corporate Partnerships manages a portfolio of private sector clients supporting ONE through significant financial and other resource commitments. Managing a portfolio of between 50 -75 prospects and funders, the Associate Director is responsible for direct corporate fundraising and creates tailored strategies for collaborating with some of the world’s leading businesses, with a focus on sustained revenue generation, campaigning impact and outcomes-based partnerships. The Associate Director will be responsible for scaling an existing corporate engagement program, building off of a small number of highly successful and innovative partnerships and taking this aspect of ONE’s collaborative approach to the next level.
The Associate Director works closely with the Senior Director of Development, Chief Development Officer (CDO) and others from ONE’s senior leadership, including the President & CEO, to develop and deliver engagement strategies for corporate partners at a deep strategic level, unlocking high-impact, multi-year funding.
The Associate Director collaborates with colleagues in ONE’s various global markets, maintaining a solid understanding of key priorities for each market, as well as for ONE globally, and facilitating meaningful cultivation and stewardship of corporate partners across all global markets.
The Associate Director is an ambitious fundraiser who is creative and self-motivated with highly developed client relationship building, opportunity identification and development, project management, writing and presentation skills.
The Associate Director, Corporate Partnerships will report to the Senior Director of Development and can be based in either New York or Washington, DC.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Work with the Senior Director of Development to establish funding goals and benchmarks for a portfolio of corporate partners, each with the capacity to support ONE’s work at the $1 million+ level;
- Be directly responsible for fundraising from private sector corporations around the world and for meeting specific fundraising targets annually.
- Work with the CDO and others to develop and prioritize a series of high-impact, insightful solutions-focused opportunities that support delivery of ONE’s organizational priorities, while offering corporate partners innovative outlets to deploy philanthropic, marketing-based, core-business and other strategies in support of agendas addressing poverty and global health;
- Design and implement creative and comprehensive outreach, solicitation and management strategies for partners within the portfolio, leading on partnership negotiations, proposal submissions, and pitches;
- Support the involvement of the CDO, and other ONE staff (including the CEO), in high-level corporate partnership solicitations and relationship management with briefing materials, agendas, background research and appropriate follow-up;
- Support the involvement of the ONE’s Board members and Global Leadership Circle in relationship-building and client management activities;
- Monitor and analyze philanthropic and other corporate partnership trends so that market opportunities may be capitalized on, ensuring that ONE’s partnership proposition remains compelling and competitive;
- Establish a robust client servicing plan for each corporate partner, including identifying key performance indicators, ongoing planning and reporting procedures in order to optimize quality of service, income growth, and client satisfaction;
- Ensure open and relevant communication is maintained between ONE and our corporate partners;
- Liaise with ONE program staff in all markets to manage the flow of communication between the broader organization and the Development team, at the same time as ensuring efficient alignment of donor market opportunities with ONE’s priorities and strengths;
- Synthesize ONE’s campaigns and programs into clear, compelling presentations, proposals, and reports for corporate audiences;
- Ensure ONE’s CRM system is the basis for all corporate engagement, data tracking and reporting, by working to established protocols for knowledge management and helping to refine these as needed.
WHAT YOU BRING TO ONE:
- Bachelors Degree; Masters Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years progressive experience of corporate fundraising in a dynamic environment.
- A well-developed knowledge of corporate engagement planning processes, with a demonstrable understanding of the particular issues affecting the field.
- Knowledge and experience of emerging concepts and practices in the field of corporate partnerships, including philanthropy, cause-based/marketing collaborations, employee-based programs, shared value initiatives etc.
- Experience of working to, and meeting, ambitious revenue goals and performance indicators, as well as participating in financial projections, reporting, and scenario planning.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain positive, collaborative, productive relationships with staff at all levels.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and presentation skills, to include experience speaking to and writing for donors and program staff about program design and implementation in a manner that indicates deep understanding and grasp of nuance.
- Good judgment in maintaining confidentiality of donor information.
- Ability to translate an organization’s strategy and objectives into operational delivery and, at times, respond quickly to changes in short-term priorities.
- Understanding of the vital support processes required to deliver effective corporate funder relationships.
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to devise creative solutions to complex problems and issues.
- CRM experience – Salesforce and/or Raisers Edge.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data with the facility to understand budget models.
- Passion for ONE’s mission and dedication to private sector partnerships.
Fluency in English required. Proficiency in other languages highly preferred such as French and German.
Travel up to 25% domestic and international.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Remote work environment at the time of hire. In-office work options available and standard office work environment in the future when deemed appropriate.
Are you ready to join the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease? Please submit a resume and cover letter to this opening at ONE jobs!
ONE is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job, they may request it orally or in writing (please visit the Contact Us page on the web; www.one.org/us/about/contact/). ONE will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner.
ONE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Due to the number of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.