VP of Marketing and Development
The Vice President of Marketing and Development provides energetic leadership, vision and strategic direction for Bideawee's fundraising, communications, and marketing channels. The Vice President of Marketing and Development will be responsible for directing a dynamic and multi-platform fundraising strategy including major gifts, corporate and foundation support, annual giving, direct mail and online giving, events and planned giving components in conjunction with the President and the Board of Directors. The VPMD leads the Marketing and Communication team that develops, implements and oversees Bideawee-wide marketing plans to achieve institutional goals. VPMDworks with Bideawee leadership, internal and external public relations staff to articulate the Bideawee position on sensitive and complex issues; serves as spokesperson for Bideawee, as necessary. VPMD. The VPMD develops and oversees the implementation of a strategic marketing and communication strategy. Responsibilities/Duties/Functions/Tasks: The following is a list of essential job requirements. This list may be revised at any time and additional duties not listed here may be assigned as needed. Job Functions and Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluate development staff and donor base and create a long-term plan to meet strategic goals. Monitor development plan and staff and report to Board on a regular basis.
- Evaluate current marketing demographics and available resources and create a long-term plan to meet strategic goals. Monitor marketing plan and staff and report to Board on a regular basis.
- Expand our list of unique donors, lead the planning, coordination and execution of special events, and manages the development technology platform.
- Provide professional and managerial oversight of a broad range of marketing programs and tools, including digital, print, mail, broadcast, social networking and other media.
- Collaborate with the President and senior staff on donor prospect development for major gift solicitation.
- Provide the leadership and direction to increase donor support by identifying, cultivating and soliciting existing and new major donors for capital, annual and endowment gifts.
- Establish and implement strategic alliances and partnerships with business, corporate and social agencies that advance Bideawee.
- Establish an active digital, print, and radio/TV press presence, as well as integrated marketing and communication materials.
- Develop an overall campus branding strategy and integrate that branding strategy across all institutional communications.
- Ensure that all functions and activities are in compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and statutes.
- Demonstrated success in high-level marketing, PR campaigns, and mass solicitations.
- Seven to ten years of fundraising and marketing/communications experience, at least five of which should be as a top-level executive administrator.
- Proven record creating and implementing strategic planning initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree, preference for a management degree in Marketing or equivalent specialty.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with staff, donors, and Board members.
- The ability to supervise and motivate staff and facilitate the involvement of volunteers.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Understanding of development-specific technology.