Associate, Member Fund Development
The American College of Physicians (ACP) is looking for a creative fundraising professional for the Associate of Member Fund Development position based out of its Washington, DC office. ACP, the professional association for internists with headquarters in Philadelphia, is the largest medical specialty organization and the second-largest physician association in the United States with more than 163,000 members worldwide.
In collaboration with the Director of Donor Development, the Associate will assist in the development of new major giving and annual fund programs in order to grow individual member philanthropy. Primary responsibilities include:
- Designing an annual fund communication and donor solicitation plan, and establishing a fundraising strategy and goals
- Creating reports to analyze donor activity and identify potential major gift prospects, and maintaining detailed records of donor participation
- Coordinating fundraising efforts with various departments, board members, and chapter leadership
- Conducting individual outreach to donors and/or establishing connections between donors and volunteer leadership
- Helping to plan and execute fundraising events, including logistical activities and the development of informational materials
Qualified applicants will possess a Bachelor’s degree and five or more years of progressive experience in fund and donor development programs. Must have experience with prospect management system reporting (Personify a plus), and experience in a professional membership association setting is highly preferred. The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, analytical abilities, attention to detail, and a desire to build a fundraising program from the ground up.
ACP offers a competitive salary, superior benefits, and a supportive work environment. Find out more about ACP at: http://www.acponline.org/working_at_acp/. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume when applying online: http://www.acponline.org/working_at_acp/jobs/.
ACP is an Equal Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.