Manager of Donor Relations and Strategic Partnerships
JOB SUMMARY: We are expanding our development team to achieve
significant growth in philanthropic support. This position reports
to the Director of Development and is responsible for cultivating,
soliciting, and stewarding individual donors, identifying corporate
and foundation partnerships, and building strategic partnerships.
We are looking for a high energy individual who is able to
effectively multi-task and is comfortable being on the phone and
meeting with prospective partners and donors in person.
• Work closely with Director of Development to refine and implement an annual fundraising plan, including all aspects and levels of individual and corporate/foundation fundraising.
• Identify and research new corporate and foundation prospects, develop high-quality grant proposals and steward new and existing partnerships to develop/deepen relationships and substantially increase support for the Foundation.
• Lead visits to Foundation/Corporate offices as necessary with relevant Actuarial Foundation staff/Board of Trustees and prepare appropriate briefing materials.
• Make presentations to companies and other groups to build awareness about The Actuarial Foundation, discuss giving opportunities and share employee engagement opportunities.
• Be involved in all aspects of individual giving including cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation. Work closely with Database Coordinator to develop an effective moves management system for individual donors and prospects and a grants management system for corporate and foundation donors and prospects.
• Record all actions, proposals, reports, communications, tasks and opportunities with individual and Foundation/Corporate prospects and donors within Virtuous, The Actuarial Foundation’s database and CRM tool. Serve as back-up Administrator for the Virtuous platform.
• Work closely with the marketing team to develop fundraising campaigns and other donor communications and to execute fundraising events.
• Interface with The Actuarial Foundation staff to learn about fundable priorities, obtaining relevant budget projections and program content, as well as working to support stakeholders to develop the most effective and persuasive grant proposals as possible.
• Attend regular team and other Actuarial Foundation meetings. Handle other duties as assigned.
• Occasional travel is required to meet with donors and to represent The Actuarial Foundation at industry meetings (3-5 trips per year)