Executive Assistant, Program Team
Executive Assistant, Program Team
Full-time | Boston, MA
Application Deadline: April 22, 2021
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
The Fidelity Foundations are a group of private foundations that fund a diverse set of programs on a national scale. In addition, the Foundations fund non-profit organizations that strengthen the communities in which Fidelity Investments employees live and work. Our values of integrity, compassion, innovation, and expertise guide our investments in education, arts and culture, health, conservation, and economic opportunity.
Today, the Foundations are at an important and exciting stage in our organizational history having grown and evolved in recent years under new leadership. As our strategies and organization continue to develop, we are seeking individuals with skills and expertise that support the advancement and execution of a long-term portfolio of philanthropic investments.
As a capacity-building funder, the Foundations seek to make catalytic, impactful, and lasting investments in non-profits at strategic inflection points and support projects that substantially enhance their impact and sustainability. Many projects involve planning and resource allocation, technology, and project design. Grantmaking is executed through quiet giving, and most grants are awarded anonymously.
Learn more about one of our Foundations at: www.fidelityfoundation.org.
The Executive Assistant is a member of the operations team, provisioning administrative support to program staff to advance grantmaking, project execution, and internal communications. The position reports to the VP of Operations, matrix-reports to members of the program team, and intersects with all staff members at the Foundations. Primarily focused on supporting program staff members across portfolios, duties include managing individual and team-based calendars, data entry, and project management in support of grant execution, and assisting on special projects and general operations.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Program Support: Individuals (~50 % of time)
- Manage administrative needs of multiple individuals across program portfolios; includes travel and conference coordination, managing expense reports, meeting scheduling and set-up, troubleshooting information technology and system access needs, greeting guests, calendar oversight, and time management
- Conduct data entry and assist with documentation in support of grantmaking and reporting
- Draft written communications to share with potential and existing grantees and field telephone calls
- Support management of timelines and deliverables through the development and maintenance of project planning and tracking tools
- Act as liaison with the Grants Management team to support smooth execution of grantmaking workflows and processes
- Conduct background research and draft written summaries for program staff
Program Support: Cross-team (~35% of time)
- Create, review, and/or edit engaging and well-formatted reports, presentations, figures, board books, and other communications for staff, senior management, and Trustees
- Support weekly Program Team meetings, including scheduling, note-taking, and follow up as necessary
- Track, research, and summarize timely news items related to Foundations interests and create communications for staff, senior management, and Trustees
- Assist with other projects that align with the Program Team as needed
General Operations (~15% of time)
- Collaborate with operations team to support cross-organization needs and initiatives; includes greeting guests, managing space and supplies, fielding calls, executing meetings, and organizing events
- Back-up other Foundations executive assistants as needed
- Assist with other projects, tasks, and processes as required
It is critically important that the Executive Assistant be a highly collaborative team player, with a service-oriented attitude, who listens and communicates well. In addition, the successful candidate will need to undergo a comprehensive background check.
To be considered, candidates will possess a majority of the following professional and personal attributes and competencies:
- Minimum of two years of related work experience in a professional environment; experience in the non-profit sector or philanthropy valued but is not required
- Strong commitment to fostering an inclusive culture
- Flexible team player who is service-oriented and collaborative, with high-level interpersonal skills
- Experience in a fast-paced environment preferred
- High levels of organization, detail-orientation, and proactiveness in supporting others including effective planning and time management
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office and strong aptitude to learn other software systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including phone and editing skills
- Ability to effectively interact and collaborate with all levels of co-workers, including assistants, program officers and directors, and senior management
- Sound judgment, integrity, and respect for confidentiality
The position is based in Boston, MA.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
The Fidelity Foundations offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, an annual performance-based bonus, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Please submit your application here. Note: our preferred application deadline is April 22, 2021. We do not guarantee review of applications received after this date.
The Fidelity Foundations are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive professional environment. We encourage applications from candidates with a diversity of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
Important COVID-19 Information
The Fidelity Foundations are committed to safeguarding the health and well-being of our employees, grantees, and candidates. We are currently working 100% remotely and actively monitoring the situation related to the COVID-19 pandemic. To ensure your safety as a job candidate, we will be relying on virtual interviewing and other digital communications. We are committed to providing the support you need throughout the hiring and onboarding process. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility during this time.