Associate Director, Development
4 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The University of Delaware
Delaware First: The
Campaign for the University of Delaware unites Blue Hens across the
nation to accelerate UD's mission of cultivating tomorrow's
leaders, creating solutions to grand challenges, embracing
diversity and inclusivity, inspiring innovations and
entrepreneurship, and transforming lives. We are currently seeking
fundraising talent to assist in accomplishing our campaign goals
while embracing this moment to reimagine the educational experience
at UD... and make Delaware First, forever.
Under the limited direction of the Assistant Vice President of Development, the Associate Director of Development is responsible for major gift fundraising including identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major gift donors for the College, focusing on gifts of $50,000 or more.
The Associate Director reports to the Assistant Vice President of Development and is accountable to University Leadership for the accomplishment of fundraising goals for the College.
- Identifies, cultivates, and solicits individual prospects with a focus on gifts of $50,000 or higher.
- Engages academic and administrative leadership in the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major gift prospects.
- Manages a pool of 150 to 175 prospects and makes 12-15 visits per month. Some of these visits will be done jointly with academic and/or administrative leadership and other development staff.
- Plans, recommends, and carries out appropriate solicitation strategies; takes responsibility as liaison with assigned College departments.
- Plans, recommends, and carries out strategies for donor cultivation activities and events.
- Coordinates stewardship reports and activities for assigned prospects with appropriate members of the administration and faculty.
- Bachelor's degree and four years progressively responsible fundraising job-related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in college/university major gift fundraising highly desirable.
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies from all disciplines including donors, faculty, staff, and students
- Successful record of collaboration with colleagues.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage projects simultaneously. Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with basic computer programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Significant local and domestic travel required.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this role is currently remote.
To Apply: For a complete list of requirements, job duties & to apply online candidates should electronically submit a cover letter addressing the position’s requirements, a curriculum vita, and three references as one PDF document, at the UDJOBS website: www.udel.edu/udjobs Job ID 496438 .
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from minority group members, women, individuals with a disability and veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html. Employment offers will be conditioned upon successful completion of a criminal background check. A conviction will not necessarily exclude you from employment. The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer with diversity as one of its core values.