Assistant Director, Development
The University of Delaware
The Campaign for the University of Delaware unites Blue Hens across
the nation to accelerate UD's mission of cultivating tomorrow's
leaders, creating solutions to grand challenges, embracing
diversity and inclusivity, inspiring innovations and
entrepreneurship, and transforming lives. We are currently seeking
fundraising talent to assist in accomplishing our campaign goals
while embracing this moment to reimagine the educational experience
at UD... and make Delaware First, forever.
Under the general direction of the Senior Director of Development, the Assistant Director, Development is a frontline gift officer responsible for managing a portfolio of qualified donors and potential prospects, focusing on major gift qualification.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit alumni and others in assigned prospect pools with a focus on major gift qualification.
- Personally, solicit and close at least 20 new Delaware Diamonds Society gifts per year.
- Personally qualify at least 12 major gift prospects per year.
- Coordinate solicitation and recruitment strategies for key prospects in collaboration with the Development team.
- Maintain an active and ongoing schedule of 12-15 face-to-face meetings per month with alumni and other prospective supporters. Articulate and present compelling cases for major gifts as well as annual giving support.
- Develop an extensive working knowledge and understanding of University programs, plans, goals, and projects to apply to donor strategies.
- Establish ongoing relationships through personal visits, phone calls, and meaningful contacts.
- Analyze and create financial goals for the assigned giving areas and assist with setting strategy to meet these goals in collaboration with the Senior Director of Development.
- Bachelor's degree and two years of development or related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with fundraising, preferably in a higher education environment.
- Ability to work with diverse constituents from all disciplines including donors, faculty, staff, and students.
- Ability to conceptualize, analyze, assess, develop, and implement fundraising programs and strategies.
- Successful record of collaboration with colleagues.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel locally and regionally, and flexibility to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Due to COVID-19 pandemic, this role is currently remote.
To Apply: For a complete list of requirements, job duties & to apply online candidates should electronically submit a cover letter addressing the position’s requirements, a curriculum vita, and three references as one PDF document, at the UDJOBS website: www.udel.edu/udjobs Job ID 496384 .
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from minority group members, women, individuals with a disability and veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html. Employment offers will be conditioned upon successful completion of a criminal background check. A conviction will not necessarily exclude you from employment. The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer with diversity as one of its core values.