Vice President, Finance and Operations
For more than 20 years, the Children's Scholarship Fund (CSF) and its partner programs nationwide have provided over 185,000 children of low-income families with tuition assistance in grades K-8 and worked to expand educational opportunities for all children. CSF is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization based in New York City. To learn more, visit http://www.scholarshipfund.org.
CSF is seeking an experienced professional responsible for the administrative, financial, human resources and risk management operations of the organization, including fiscal planning and budget preparation. The position reports to CSF's president and the responsibilities include:
- coordinating federal and state regulatory filings necessitated by a national fundraising campaign;
- monitoring compliance with IRS requirements for Publicly Supported Charities;
- investigating and implementing employee benefit plans and preparing all regulatory filings for same;
- preparing or reviewing all legal documents including minutes of board meetings, board resolutions, leases, contracts and charitable registration filings;
- preparing financial statements and coordinating the annual independent audit;
- preparing financial reports and projections for donors, affiliated programs and grant proposals;
- overseeing information technology services;
- reviewing and approving all disbursements;
- investing all excess cash, and
- arranging for the transfer and sale of all gifts of securities.
As a senior executive of the organization, he/she will be closely involved in all major management decisions regarding hiring, staff structure and compensation, major projects, vendors, partner and donor relations, communications, development, and strategic planning.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance AND Certified Public Accountant; OR Master’s degree with experience as an accountant.
- Ten years of experience in accounting or finance with a minimum of five years working with non-profit organizations.
- Experience working with MIP Fund Accounting.