- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Studio Museum in Harlem is the nexus for artists of African descent locally, nationally, and internationally and for work that has been inspired and influenced by Black culture. It is a site for the dynamic exchange of ideas about art and society. The Studio Museum is in the midst of a comprehensive, multi-million dollar Capital Campaign to build a new museum on 125th Street in Harlem, designed by architect Sir David Adjaye.
The Museum seeks a Development Coordinator to provide administrative support for all major gifts activities at The Studio Museum in Harlem, including Patron groups, annual fund and program support, planned giving, art acquisitions, and in memoriam programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Acquisition Committee duties:
- Assist with meeting organization and prep; take meeting minutes
- Invoice committee members for dues and special purchases
- Draft appeals and acknowledgements
- Track Patron donor participation and gifts, update and maintain database, draft acknowledgements.
- Assist in Event planning including maintaining event calendar, assist with travel itineraries and arrangements, help with execution of donor events.
- Research donor prospects and create bio profiles and briefing documents for donor meetings utilizing iWave or other research tools.
- Generate and manage prospect lists in Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge.
- Assist with drafting donor solicitations, acknowledgements, brochure copy, ad copy, and; proposal drafts for individuals, family foundations and donor advised funds.
- Help research and maintain database of Planned Giving prospects and help with execution of Annual Legacy Society tea.
- Other duties as assigned
Key Internal Stakeholders:
- Director of Development
- All Development staff
- Director’s office on scheduling travel and events
- Curatorial – assistance with artwork donations and Acquisition Committee activities
- 4-year college degree
- 3-4 years of work experience
- Exceptional writing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong listening skills
- Composure under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and prioritize as needed
- Raiser’s Edge experience preferred
- iWave or other research tools
- Commitment– to the mission and values of Studio Museum in Harlem.
- Collaborative– works well with others at all levels of the organization as well as with key external stakeholders (if applicable to the role)
- Initiative– takes self-directed, appropriate action to influence outcomes and/or drive progress and positive change.
- Team player
Salary is commensurate with experience within the guidelines of a small not-for-profit. Competitive benefits package is provided, including medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance, retirement account, and substantial vacation.
The position is open until filled. Please use the application link and be sure to include a resume, cover letter and a short writing sample (one page or less). Thank You!