Fountain House currently seeks a new Grant Writer to support the activities of our dynamic development team! The Grant Writer is the author for letters of intent, grant proposals, grant progress reports, and will also play a role in research prospecting for funding possibilities. The candidate should have proven expertise in applying to foundations, and corporations for grants related to service innovation, demonstration projects, evaluation, cost benefit studies and research, as well as ensuring compliance with such grants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies, researches, and recommends new potential foundation and other funding prospects that align with the Fountain House organizational vision, mission, and strategy.
- Maintains prospect databases and robust pipelines of new potential funders.
- Supports strategy meetings and implements action items for the [insert role] as they scope out different program offerings and determine proposal concepts.
- Authors proposal drafts for Letters of Intent (LOIs) and full grant proposals and collaborates across teams to gather and include relevant inputs and necessary data into each proposal.
- Assembles all relevant components of proposals and ensures that a Fountain House proposal submission complies with all proposal parameters and detailed requirements for each funder.
- Meets proposal deadlines by adhering to systems and timelines for the different phrases of proposal creation including information gathering, writing, review, approval, and transmittal.
- Supports grant management activities for secured grants, including documenting and communicating reporting requirements, tracking correspondence with funders, producing grant progress reports, and keeping up with funder reporting requirements and action items.
- Collaborates with the [fill in info here] to create and maintain internal systems, structures, and processes to streamline and organize the Development team’s activities and workflow, particularly with regard to foundation grants.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to proofread and draft high-quality documents.
- Highly organized, dependable, and able to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Having passion for and commitment to exceptional quality and customer service
- Solutions-oriented and resourceful initiative-taker who shows determination to solve problems and has the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Positive attitude and humble service-oriented approach
- Ability to work independently and in a highly collaborative team environment across multiple programs and departments.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, oversee, and complete projects independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work with confidential information in a trustworthy and reliable manner.
- Fluency in written and spoken English Top Shelf research skills.
- Initiative-taker with demonstrated good judgment, critical thinking, flexibility, resourcefulness, and problem‑solving abilities.
- Strong and persuasive writer, with editing and proofreading skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and familiarity with fundraising software (Salesforce)
- Creative, meticulous and thrives in a collaborative environment
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CREDENTIALS
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
· Two years of working in fundraising or in a nonprofit setting highly preferred
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and meet all physical requirements satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.