Deputy Director, Digital Strategy & Grassroots Giving
About the Opportunity
Under the direction of the Senior Director of Development and Director of Marketing & Digital Strategy, the Deputy Director will plan, design, and execute all aspects of the Foundation’s digital strategy and grassroots giving. The position works collaboratively with numerous departments and initiatives across the organization and plays a critical role in securing the resources necessary to fund the Foundation’s programs and operations.
The primary purpose of this position is to optimize the Clinton
Foundation’s digital strategy and engagement of grassroots donors
and subscribers, including planning, developing, implementing, and
managing the execution of digital advertising and paid social,
search engine marketing (SEM), engagement, fundraising, email, and
In this role you will:
- Lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive strategic plan for paid digital engagement and fundraising to meet the organization’s multi-faceted goals for acquisition, deeper engagement with its mission and priorities, and greater philanthropic revenues.
- Lead the execution of digital engagement (e.g., paid social; SEM, etc.) and fundraising strategies and annual plans, including through email, SMS, and across the Foundation’s web domains/assets.
- Be responsible for authoring, co-authoring and/or editing fundraising emails. Advise on creative and technical design and other strategies/tactics to improve the user experience, their engagement, and likelihood to give.
- Analyze and report on digital campaigns, including key performance indicators and other metrics to inform future strategies/tactics and continuously improve results.
- Work with Development, Marketing, and Information Technology/CRM colleagues to analyze subscriber and donor data, optimize segmentation strategies, test, and iterate in order to drive continued improvement and growth in revenues.
- Coordinate with Foundation colleagues to optimize affinity and digital organizing strategies with select constituencies, including Clinton administration alumni, CGI Action Network, CGI University alumni, donor groups, etc.
- Stay abreast of best practices and latest advances in digital tools and interactive trends and leads innovation and introduction of new acquisition channels and other approaches.
- Assist in managing digital vendor/consulting relationships.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience in digital strategy and digital campaigns.
- Deep knowledge of the digital landscape, including emerging trends across social, fundraising, organizing, and paid communications, as well as an understanding of digital advertising platforms, costs, benchmarks, and strategies.
- Comfortable switching between strategy, writing, project management, employee management and vendor communications in any given day.
- Excellent judgment, integrity, and the highest ethical standards are a must.
- Experience with commonly used digital tools for email, volunteer recruitment, SMS, digital advertising and organizing. (E.G. Mailchimp, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Google AdWords, as well as Blackbaud CRM, or comparable development data base.)
- Deep understanding of the importance of analytics in fueling all digital decision-making.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to function effectively within a complex, global organization. Strong interpersonal skills, collegial and collaborative, high energy, good humored and creative leader.
- Strong resilience
and change management skills. Position requires a highly
collaborative approach to work and the ability to adapt easily to
different structures, environments, and work styles.
About the Clinton Foundation
Building on a lifetime of public service, President Clinton established the Clinton Foundation on the simple belief that everyone deserves a chance to succeed, everyone has a responsibility to act, and we all do better when we work together. For nearly two decades, that premise has energized the work of the Foundation in overcoming complex challenges and improving the lives of people across the United States and around the world.
As an operating foundation, we work on issues directly or with strategic partners from the business, government, and nonprofit sectors to create economic opportunity, improve public health, and inspire civic engagement and service. Our programs are designed to make a real difference today while serving as proven models for tomorrow. The goal of every effort is to use available resources to get better results faster – at the lowest possible cost.
We firmly believe that when diverse groups of people bring resources together in the spirit of true cooperation, transformative ideas will emerge to drive life-changing action.
Learn more at http://www.clintonfoundation.org,
on Facebook at Facebook.com/ClintonFoundation and on Twitter
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Clinton Foundation maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.