Director Corporate Relations & Special Events
6 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Boston Arts Academy Foundation (BAAF) seeks a Director of Corporate Relations & Events. This is a highly visible position for a seasoned development professional with significant experience securing corporate support in Greater Boston.
The Director will manage a portfolio of corporate donors and prospects and contributes to the BAA Foundation achieving the $1 million+ annual goal for BAA Honors and successful event execution. BAA Honors is the Foundation’s signature annual fundraiser and largest single source of revenue for the school. The Director also will work with the Events Coordinator on a series of campaign events, ribbon cuttings, grand openings for the new school, and a Champion Reception in late January 2022 held before the school’s annual student performance.
Corporate Relations (75%)
- Engage corporate supporters to invest in BAA Foundation’s mission and the success of BAA’s students.
- Liaison with corporate supporters as assigned.
- Manage of portfolio of 100+ corporate donors and prospects, personally raising $500,000 or more in corporate revenue during the first fiscal year.
- Attend and present at meetings with corporate supporters and prospects.
- Liaison to the BAA Honors Chair/Co-Chairs, Leadership Circle, Auction Chair, and Auction Committee to ensure their successful engagement and solicitation of corporate support.
- Initiate event sponsorship solicitations, correspondence, and sponsorship materials.
- Track and report on solicitations, engagements and stewardship actions scheduled for corporate donors and prospects; provide updates to the BAA Foundation team and volunteer leadership.
- Collaborate with gift officers to develop stewardship plans and assist with post-event stewardship activities.
Events Strategy and Management (25%)
- Execute an annual events strategy designed to diversify BAA Foundation revenue streams by attracting new sources of support, cultivating new donors, stewarding, and renewing current donors, as well as increasing visibility for the BAA Foundation’s mission.
- Partner with the President and Events Coordinator to oversee and execute all BAA Foundation events from inception to completion.
- Collaborate with President and department heads to set revenue goals, solicitation strategies, timelines and post event evaluation and analysis.
- Develop systems, protocols, and best practices to ensure all BAA Foundation events are consistently exceptional and high-caliber occasions that showcase our positive impact on BAA students.
- Identify, develop, and implement new opportunities for BAA Foundation’s events portfolio.
- Develop and create a full suite of event sponsorship benefits designed to maximize revenue generation and align with the goals of the funding community.
- Identify and recruit event chairs and committee members tasked with revenue generation and word-of-mouth promotion.
- Provide leadership, oversight, and follow up for all event committee activities and ensure committee members have the resources necessary to be successful BAA Foundation solicitors.
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Work Demands)
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 10+ years of experience in corporate communications, public relations, marketing and/or event management.
- Greater Boston experience in corporate relations and fundraising for nonprofit organizations.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Self-motivated and resourceful with superior organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A team player who can work independently.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects is critical.
- Ability to problem solve on the spot and respond with tact, diplomacy, and poise.
- Ability to represent BAA Foundation at fundraising events and meetings and to work well with a broad range of constituencies.
- Solid writing and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings as event and project deadlines dictate.
- Able to travel to off-site, meetings and events regularly.
- Must be willing to join a quick-paced energetic Foundation team, and work with a group of talented, committed volunteers.
- Strong computer skills required. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Raiser’s Edge and design software strongly preferred.
Reports to Vice President of Philanthropy
Compensation based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience and a competitive benefits package.
About the Foundation:
The Boston Arts Academy Foundation (BAAF) is an independent non-profit organization that raises essential funds for Boston Arts Academy (BAA) high school. Support from government, foundations, corporations, and individual donors is critical to the school’s ability to offer a comprehensive arts and academic education.
About the School:
In spring 2022, Boston Arts Academy will open a beautiful new, state-of-the-art school building at 174 Ipswich Street directly across from Fenway Park that has primarily been funded by the City of Boston and the MA School Building Authority. In May 2021, BAA Foundation is moving back to the Fenway neighborhood.
BAA Foundation will continue to partner with individual and institutional donors to fund the multimillion annual gap for arts faculty and equipment, STEAM (STEM+Art), Health & Wellness services, and full inclusion services. BAA Foundation has undertaken a six-year, $32 million comprehensive campaign called Building Our Future to ensure that the school building, faculty, and students have resources for success. To date, BAA Foundation has raised $11.5 million of the $32 million comprehensive campaign goal.
The BAA Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for Director Corporate Relations & Special Events
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly