Associate Vice Chancellor for Major Gifts and Campaign Management
1 day left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
UNC Asheville’s national reputation for empowering human potential is rooted in its history as a unique student-centric public liberal arts and sciences university. UNC Asheville thrives on close-knit connections among students and their faculty and staff mentors. The University’s 3,600 students are innovative, ethical, creative and resilient leaders who seek to understand complex global challenges and find creative, sustainable solutions that benefit our communities and the world. UNC Asheville consistently ranks as a national top 10 Public Liberal Arts and Sciences University by U.S. News & World Report, and on its list of Most Innovative Schools. UNC Asheville regularly earns several national top 20 rankings in The Princeton Review’s “The Best 386 Colleges,” including Best Quality of Life and Town-Gown Relations.
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor for University Advancement, the Associate Vice Chancellor for Major Gifts and Campaign Management will play a pivotal role in securing the future of the institution as it approaches its Centennial. This is a senior management role that will bring best practices and help build a world class advancement team for UNCA. The AVC for Major Gifts and Campaign Management will collaborate with senior campus leaders to identify, cultivate, and solicit prospects with the capacity to make commitments of $1 million+. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of establishing long-term relationships with donors and prospects. The position will design and implement strategies for increased engagement, incorporating senior leadership and volunteers, with current and prospective principal gift donors that match donors’ passions with institutional priorities.
The AVC for Major Gifts and Campaign Management will also supervise the Major Gift team, providing coaching and support to ensure the success of Gift Officers working with donors capable of giving between $25,000 and $1 million.
UNC Asheville is undertaking its first-ever comprehensive campaign, and the AVC for Major Gifts and Campaign Management will collaborate with University leaders on campaign strategy and manage implementation of a comprehensive campaign plan to secure philanthropic support of campaign initiatives. The position has the opportunity to ensure the success of the campaign by securing gifts and managing efforts across campus to ensure a successful campaign.
Candidates must exhibit possession of:
- A Master’s degree. A Bachelor’s degree may also be considered, with an equivalent combination of education and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years related work experience in fundraising
- Track record of working collaboratively to secure seven-figure gifts
- Experience with comprehensive campaigns
- Demonstrated ability to coach direct reports and lead a team
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to think strategically and formulate, document, and execute plans that meet goals
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently as appropriate.
In addition to the above, preferred applicants will have:
- Graduate degree from an appropriately accredited institution
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years related work experience in fundraising
- Experience leading comprehensive campaigns
- Superior management and leadership skills that will enable direct reports to function effectively
- Strong knowledge of the development field and principal gift cultivation and solicitation
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to navigate complex organizational structures to build consensus and reach goals
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically
- Entrepreneurial spirit with ability to collaborate to maximize effectiveness
- Excellent active listening skills and ability to connect donor interests to University priorities
- Ability to build relationships with a wide range of people
- Ability to approach challenges creatively.
Learn more and apply online at https://jobs.unca.edu/hr/postings/4713.
UNC Asheville is committed to equality and diversity of experiences for our students, applicants and employees. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply regardless of socio-economic status, gender expression, gender and sexual identity, culture, and ideological beliefs. UNC Asheville is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will not discriminate against applicants and employees on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other legally protected status with respect to all terms, conditions, and privileges of university-sponsored activities, employment, and the use of university facilities.