Executive Director of Development
6 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The ideal candidate will join a vibrant and inclusive educational community, and have a desire and ability to work with a diverse population.
The Executive Director of Development is the chief development officer of the College, overseeing the College’s fundraising and alumni relations activities. These include coordination of the annual campaign, special events, donor cultivation, scholarship fund development, and serving as Executive Director of the MassBay Foundation.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
The Executive Director of Development will:
- Work with the Assistant Vice President for Institutional Advancement, Marketing, and Communications to develop and implement annual fundraising goals and goals pertaining to the development of the Foundation;
This list is not to be considered all-inclusive. A supervisor may assign other duties as required to meet the needs and foster the mission of the College.
Commitment to Equity:
All employees of MassBay are expected to work collegially and collaboratively within a community that values and celebrates diversity.
- Support MassBay’s commitment to the Equity Agenda, collaborating with faculty, staff, and students on the College’s strategic initiatives dedicated to closing the equity gap related to student outcomes;
- Support MassBay’s commitment to being anti-racist; embracing a community free of bias and inequality;
- Engage in departmental systems and policy review with a critical lens toward equity, accessibility, inclusion, and universal design;
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree in Higher Education, Philanthropy, or related area preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in fundraising and institutional development work; preference will be given to candidates with experience in Higher Education settings.
- Sensitivity and commitment to the goals of Affirmative Action and workforce diversity;
- Experience working in a diverse environment;
- Demonstrated commitment to working with underserved students;
- Exceptional communication skills, including excellent writing and presentation abilities;
- Natural ability to establish strong internal and external working relationships;
- Team leader and team player, who is motivated by making a difference in our community.