Senior Manager, Institutional Giving
2 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
San Francisco or Remote (in the U.S.)
Code for America believes government can work for the people, by the people, in the 21st century. We build open source technology and organize a network of people dedicated to making government services simple, effective, and easy to use. Our employees build and transform government services, making them so good they inspire change. We merge the best parts of technology, non-profit, and government to help support the people who need it most. With a focus on diversity, equity, inclusion, and deep empathy for both the government and the people the government serves, we’re building a movement of motivated change agents driven by meaningful results and lasting impact. At Code for America you will contribute to meaningful work while learning and developing in a supportive and flexible environment. Our compensation and benefits are holistic and thoughtfully curated to represent our employees and our mission. Come help us drive real generational change that lasts.About the Role:
Code for America is looking for a talented Senior Manager of Institutional Giving who will join a fast-paced, values-based organization to help secure millions of dollars of philanthropic revenue. You’ll report to the Associate Director of Institutional Giving and work with a Development team of 9 to accomplish ambitious fundraising goals in service to Code for America’s vision.
This is an incredible opportunity for a mid-career fundraiser to work with major private foundations and corporations, grow and refine your fundraising skills, and make a meaningful contribution to an organization making a real difference in people's lives.In this position you will:
- Work collaboratively with a strong Development team to raise revenue to meet a $27m operating budget in order to help government work for the people who need it most.
- Devise and execute a new business development strategy for prospective institutional funders, including: researching and identifying prospects; reaching out to and engaging funders to have introductory meetings; moving funders through the pipeline and converting them to donors; tracking and managing communication with prospects; coordinating with all internal stakeholders to cultivate and engage new prospects.
- Coordinate with program and finance staff to gather required information to produce concept notes, LOIs, proposals and reports.
- Build and oversee a blended portfolio made up of prospects and current funders.
- Manage cultivation and stewardship plan including: support meeting prep, create decks, ensure follow up, create and manage process for funder touchpoints, invite funders to events, and draft correspondence.
- Manage all data including: coordinating with Development Specialist to ensure all contacts, accounts, opportunities, and pipeline information is entered into and maintained in Salesforce.
- Produce quarterly status reports demonstrating movement of prospects and funders through the pipeline
- 5+ years institutional fundraising experience, sales, or similar background
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive and persistent with outreach, follow up, and engagement.
- Highly organized with careful attention to detail
- Must be energetic, flexible, adaptable, and positive
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with high standards of excellence
- Willingness to travel up to 10% time (health and safety permitting)
- Experience using Salesforce
- Full benefits package with 100% coverage towards select medical, dental and vision plans and contributes 80% of the cost towards dependent and family coverage
- 401k plan with matching funds
- A collaborative, hardworking and fun environment
- Leadership and teammates who value Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity
- Professional development includes bi annual 360 review process and $1000 annual budget
- A manager and org-wide structure that supports and enables professional development
- Compensation: Code for America’s salary bands are transparent internally as a part of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We extend this to our hiring process. This role at this level is ranged from ($80,000 - $120,000) in yearly salary. As a part of our equitable hiring practices, we target the median for all new hires. The median for this role is $100,000. These ranges and the target are for the San Francisco/ Bay Area market and subject to adjustment for cost of living differentials.
Code for America values a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ+ folks, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Code for America is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.