Sr. Direcor, Strategic Partnerships
2 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The most important qualification for all Maryland Food Bank employees is their commitment to our mission: “Feeding people, strengthening communities, and ending hunger for more Marylanders.”
This is an extraordinary time to join the fundraising team at the Maryland Food Bank (MFB), as the organization moves into its fifth decade of collaboratively working to end hunger in Maryland.
Building off the momentum of the food bank’s recent 40th anniversary campaign in 2019 and the tremendous philanthropic support of the food bank’s COVID-19 pandemic response, we are currently searching for a results-driven Senior Director of Strategic Partnerships (Senior Director) to further strengthen our fundraising program.
Overall Position Description
The Senior Director will lead the development team’s frontline fundraising team and play a key role in raising a significant portion of the organization’s private support. This position reports directly to the Senior Vice President, Development and serves as a leader in the External Affairs team.
The Senior Director will manage a portfolio of approximately 50-75 major gift and principal donors and prospects and will advance relationships with the food bank through prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual, corporate, and foundation constituents. This position will ramp up to spending approximately 75% of his/her time managing this portfolio with the remaining time spent leading the frontline development staff who are responsible for securing $10,000+ charitable gifts.
MFB has experienced a great deal of growth in private support and the Senior Director will focus on engaging and retaining donors who have given at the major gift and principal gift levels as well as identifying new prospects. This position will also support the ongoing implementation of a formal relationship management program utilizing key performance metrics and developing engagement strategies. The Senior Director will work strategically with all members of the development team to create and implement the tactics needed to accomplish individual and organizational financial goals and foster a culture of relationship-based fundraising.
The Senior Director will lead and coach direct reports including, but not limited to, directors of strategic partnerships, and grants manager.
Successful candidates will also possess the following qualities:
- Passion for the mission – The Senior Director will bring a perceptible passion for the mission of the Maryland Food Bank and a commitment to ending hunger in Maryland. The Senior Director will embrace MFB’s values, strategies, and commitment to transforming the lives of those in need and will flourish in a mission-driven, results-oriented, business environment. This leader will be energized by working for an organization with significant aspirations and will continually innovate to increase funding opportunities available to improve outcomes for the people we serve.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion – This leader will embrace principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring, mentorship, teambuilding, and stakeholder engagement. The Senior Director will bring an innovative, open mindset and a commitment to building a workplace that values diverse life experiences and allows everyone to bring their authentic self to work.
- Critical to success in this role, the Senior Director will be skilled at building and sustaining excellent relationships across the Maryland Food Bank. Their inclusive leadership will enhance MFB’s culture of collaboration across all three MFB locations and our statewide network of partner agencies.
Experience and Additional Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, management, or philanthropic curriculum is required.
- Seven (7) years of success in leading, building, and growing comprehensive philanthropy programs of comparable size, including a minimum of three (3) years of experience supervising staff.
- Demonstrated success in soliciting and closing five and six-figure gifts.
- Substantial experience working with high-net-worth individuals and volunteer leadership.
- Demonstrated success in raising funds from multiple constituencies (individual, corporate, and foundation)
- Must be able to persuasively articulate mission, values, and information to multiple audiences in a compelling way, including presentations and on-air interviews.
- Experience operating within a sophisticated relationship management system.
- Excellent written communication skills and exceptional attention to detail
- The ability to utilize reports, dashboards, and KPIs to support the work of the Development team, inform planning and program execution.
- Strong supervisory experience including skills in teambuilding and problem-solving.
- Strong project management skills
- Knowledge and familiarity with techniques and tools for prospect research
- High-level proficiency in use of standard information technologies including MS Office software, fundraising databases (Raiser’s Edge preferred), and Internet research.