Program Officer, Continuing Education and Development
YALSA, a division of the American Library Association (ALA) seeks a full-time Program Officer, Continuing Education and Development to join our team.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program Officer will manage and implement YALSA’s continuing education programs and development initiatives.
Key responsibilities include:
- To manage and implement the YALSA’s continuing education programs and development initiatives.
- Obtain new sources of funding and developing sustainable sponsorship and grants programs.
- Oversee the work of member committees, instructors, curriculum developers to create Continuing Education programs on all platforms.
- Build relationships for donor and sponsorship opportunities.
- Identify prospective sponsored continuing education opportunities. Work directly with partners on content of sponsored programs to ensure programs are implemented to meet program objectives.
- Identify and collaborate with other organizations, departments and/or divisions on inter-professional continuing education opportunities.
This position is based in Chicago, Illinois. The selected candidate will need to live in the Chicagoland area.
Salary: Negotiable based on relevant experience and qualifications. ALA offers a comprehensive and valuable benefits program, plus generous paid vacation, and a retirement annuity.
Apply online including cover letter and resume.
Send a cover letter and resume to:
ALA Sr. Human Resources Manager
The American Library Association is an equal opportunity employer: Disability/Veteran.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three to five years’ work experience with a minimum of three years’ experience in continuing education delivery preferably in a member-based association.
- The ability to work with others to plan, facilitate the delivery and evaluation of a portfolio of high-quality continuing education programs to members and to those in the profession.
- Knowledge of adult learning, methods of delivery for continuing education.
- Experience with sponsorship programs and fundraising initiatives.
- Ability to manage a project from conception to completion – working with members, customers, and staff.
- Adult classroom instruction; continuing education
- Experience with determining funding needs, researching funding opportunities, coordinating, and engaging with sponsors, grant writers, identifying support agencies, managing timelines and deliverables.
- Creating self-directed learning and e-learning.
Core Competencies and Skills:
- Ability to stay on schedule and juggle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Strategic, innovative, creative, future-oriented thinking.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a complex organization, and to engage effectively with members and staff with diverse perspectives (i.e., strong interpersonal skills).
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to influence at various levels.
- Revenue and profit focus.
- Creating and implementing CE delivery strategies.
- Maintaining external Relationships.