Executive Assistant/Part Time
StrongMinds Mental Health Africa
Location: Maplewood, New Jersey
StrongMinds (www.strongminds.org) is a dynamic and fast growing 501(c)(3) social enterprise based in Maplewood, N.J, that focuses on one of the most underserved populations and one of the most pervasive mental illnesses in the world. We treat depression among women of all ages in Africa, where access to mental health treatment is extremely limited and we are guided by a goal to end the depression epidemic in African.
Since its start in 2014, StrongMinds has treated over 70,000 women with depression in Uganda and Zambia. We are the only organization scaling a solution to depression in Africa with a potential to serve millions of people in the next ten years.
StrongMinds has earned an impressive reputation in the global mental health space. In addition to media coverage in the New York Times, Forbes and the Stanford Social Innovation Review, we are described by UK organization Founders Pledge as the most cost-effective mental health organization working in the developing world. We are also proud to be a founding partner of citiesRISE, the new global mental health movement.
Position: Executive Assistant
We are hiring a part time (up to 20 hours per week) Executive Assistant to join our small, results-oriented team focused on fueling our rapid scale up. The Executive Assistant will report to the Chief Executive Officer and partner closely with all members of the StrongMinds team.
This role is integral to StrongMinds’ ambitious growth trajectory as we dramatically scale our program. It is an exciting opportunity to be involved in a number of different aspects of an entrepreneurial social impact organization with an international focus.
- Duties will include maintaining/updating the organizational dashboard and conducting benchmarking with other social enterprises.
- The EA will be responsible for writing a variety of high visibility and compelling reports— to include monthly summaries of organizational progress and a diverse collection of topical reports.
- Complete a variety of slide decks for the CEO—from BOT decks to those being presented by the CEO at conferences. Update current speeches and assist the CEO in writing new versions.
- Assist CEO in completing special projects for StrongMinds, to include exploring new business opportunities.
- Contribute to the impact of the Board of Trustees by supporting the CEO in contacting new board members, maintaining good relationships with current members, and monitoring all meetings.
- Ensure the smooth running of the Board of Trustees, Senior Staff and other committees by creating Agendas and presentations and writing minutes as necessary.
- Research high net worth individuals for the CEO, schedule meetings with these and maintain close follow up.
- Give strong administrative support to the CEO by monitoring his email, compiling his timesheet, and completing correspondence.
- Maintain fastidiously the CEO’s busy calendar and schedule appointments by Zoom, Google Meets, Skype, telephone or in person.
- Manage multi-country travel logistics including flights, lodging and visas.
- Undertake other relevant tasks as required in a dynamic, start-up environment.
The successful Executive Assistant will also be expected to embrace and role model the core values of StrongMinds:
- We are people-focused
- We think big and act fast
- We are data-driven
- We do what we say and say what we do
- We believe in collaboration, not competition
As part of a rapidly growing NGO, this role has potential for advancement. Smart, aggressive and ambitious candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree
Skills, Abilities & Experience Required:
There are a number of skills, abilities and experience that the successful candidate will possess:
- At least three years of experience in administration, fundraising or non profit.
- Dedicated to and passionate about the mission of StrongMinds
- A deep understanding of fundraising and the importance of maintaining relationships is vital to this role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are crucial both for good internal and external relationships—be proficient at interacting with all levels of an organization and across diverse international cultures.
- The Executive Assistant will be expected to spearhead a variety of many projects to further StrongMinds’ goals.
- Extremely detail oriented and able to keep track of multiple tasks and issues in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills without compromising on quality.
- First class writer and copyeditor as the candidate will be compiling reports – and reviewing material written by others. Be comfortable ensuring reports are high quality and compellingly produced.
- Strong interest in fundraising, non-profits, social entrepreneurship, international development and/or mental health.
- MS Office, Zoom, G-Suite and DropBox experience; Office 365 experience is a huge plus but not required.
- World-class sense of humor.
Location and Travel
- The position location is flexible and the candidate can work from his/her home but strong preference will be given someone able to work in the Maplewood, NJ, offices of StrongMinds.
Mid-late May, 2021
Apply for Executive Assistant/PT
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly