Development Manager-Planned Giving - Jacksonville, FL; Chicago, IL; San Diego, CA; and San Antonio,
5 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Development Manager – Planned Giving is responsible for driving the revenue growth of planned giving by leading and managing the planned giving program and implementing strategies to cultivate strong relationships and secure philanthropic gifts. The Development Manager–Planned Giving provides expertise and technical leadership and support to the development teams to maximize the inclusion of planned giving options in proposals developed for donors. The Development Manager–Planned Giving collaborates with teams to effectively market the program to promote legacy giving through the Honor & Empower Society and advise the director of development goals for long term strategy to support the strategic plan and the annual business plan for program growth.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive the growth of gross and net revenues form Planned Giving.
- Effectively articulate, verbally and in writing, WWP’s history, mission, vision, and programs to potential funding sources.
- Maintain expertise in tax, investment, and legal aspects of charitable giving, and articulate this information effectively to fundraising staff.
- Work closely with internal teams such as Legal, Accounting, Communications and Executive Team for continued research and investment in planned giving efforts.
- Analyze the existing database and develop specific planned giving strategies to capture legacy giving donors. Develop and utilize tracking model and report on overall planned giving activity and results.
- Provide monthly and quarterly revenue projections and forecasting. Work with WWP Bequest Manager to capture analytics on bequest case files.
- Provide planned giving training to teammates and be part of stewardship and recognition of major planned giving contributors as appropriate. Provide technical expertise and gift planning assistance to development team.
- Work with development teammates to support the cultivation process of major and consecutive donors to add WWP to their planned giving efforts.
- Work with outside vendor for non-case asset donations and track requests and timeline from initial inquiry to liquidation of asset.
- Oversee the implementation of a comprehensive planned giving marketing program including direct mail, electronic and web-based strategies. Develop measurements to evaluate success of marketing activities as they relate to prospect lead generation.
- Manage the Honor & Empower Society stewardship program including monthly newsletter to members, hold recognition events and ensure timely welcome of new members and all related marketing and membership activities, records, correspondence.
- Maintain high visibility for the WWP planned giving program among estate planners and other professionals and sectors that can advise or refer donors to WWP through participation in professional associations.
- Ensure that WWP gift acceptance guidelines are up to date and work with that team on types of requests WWP receives align with our strategic plan.
- Coordinate deferred giving with WWP legal and finance departments to ensure compliance with government regulations and WWP investment policies.
- Manage overall trends in giving with support from analytics team. Identify trends in current database with regards to forecasting for ROI reporting.
- Serve as liaison with outside vendors on trends analysis and forecast modeling.
- Attend conferences and seminars on behalf of WWP to educate and network among attorneys, financial advisors, tax professionals, etc.
- Initiate ongoing improvements with reporting and system enhancements with appropriate teams.
- Communicate status of projects, findings, and trends to relevant teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to monitor, compile, and analyze data to guide decision making.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain professional relationships and build successful and effective relationships.
- Ability to communicate technical information and requirements to teammates and leadership
- Demonstrated ability to effectively delegate, monitor workload and analyze work processes and metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, coach and educate development analytics team.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and meet deadlines. Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize, delegate, and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and tact.
- Demonstrated understanding of Wounded Warrior Project and its mission, values, programs, and services, and the impact of these programs and services on wounded warriors and their families.
- Demonstrated understanding of military service organizations (MSOs) and veteran service organizations (VSOs).
- High energy level. Self- starter; willing to take initiative.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, marketing, or related field. Equivalent combination of applicable education, training, certification, and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Five years of experience in planned giving fundraising, financial industry.
- Five years of demonstrated achievement identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding planned giving donors.
- Three years of experience with customer relationship management software, e.g., Salesforce or similar database.
- Five years of experience working in non-profit organization.
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Certified Specialist in Estate Planning (CSEP)
- Certified Trust and Financial Advisor (CTFA)
- Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy (CAP)