Sr. Campaign Director, Donor Stewardship & Experience
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Sr. Director-Development.
In this role, the successful candidate, reporting to the Assistant Vice President, Development & Alumni Affairs the Sr. Campaign Director, Donor Stewardship & Experience plays a highly-visible and critical role within the Office of Development & Alumni Affairs, serving as a senior leader and the donor stewardship and experience partner to the department, helping to develop and drive the highest level of donor engagement strategy. This individual will lead the teams responsible for strategically stewarding, retaining and cultivating major and principal gifts donors and prospects through creative, thoughtful and impactful communications and donor engagements and experiences.
In partnership with a dedicated philanthropic community, the Office of Development and Alumni Affairs helped to transform NYU Langone Health into one of the top academic medical centers in the country and continues to foster significant advancements enterprise-wide. Our team recently completed a $3 billion campaign, which rallied tremendous local and national support, including NYU Grossman School of Medicines thriving alumni network. This remarkable base of individuals, families, foundations, and organizations provided critical funding for our large-scale Manhattan campus transformation and is a driving force behind the enterprises expansive research portfolio, innovations in medical education, and one of the nations best and safest patient care programs. In 2018 our School made history with its Tuition Free initiative, becoming the first top-tier medical school in the country to provide full-tuition scholarships to all MD degree studentsfunded entirely through philanthropy. And in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, our team has mobilized, reorganized, and reimagined our mission of support for those striving to save and improve lives on the front lines and behind the scenes.
The Office of Development and Alumni Affairs is focused on carrying forward this extraordinary momentum and offers special opportunities for fundraising or other skilled professionals passionate about the power of philanthropy in healthcare and health education. We are a robust team of individuals bringing diverse professional and personal experiences to a creative, collaborative fundraising shop.
- As the leader of an entirely new functional team within the Office of Development, the Sr. Campaign Director for Stewardship and Experience will be responsible for building the systems, infrastructure and team that will integrate donor stewardship and experience across the office, including:
- Developing business rules and processes for stewardship using our new CRM system
- Developing and executing a comprehensive donor acknowledgement process
- Recruiting and onboarding team members who are able to successfully develop, manage and execute strategic donor engagement and stewardship plans in partnership with the giving teams
- Creating data systems that will ensure that mass communications & special events data list plans coincide with overall departmental strategy
- Driving innovation in engagement, experience, and communication
- Develop key relationships with other corporate service leaders to leverage institutional resources when appropriate
- Develop and implement experience team goals and metrics focused on enhancing fundraising for all giving mechanisms
- Manages the Donor Stewardship and Experience team (10-12 individuals).
- Manages the overarching strategy and execution of a comprehensive and individualized stewardship and engagement program for major and principal gift donors.
- Serves as a thought leader in guiding the departments donor stewardship and experience strategies and activities.
- Partners with the direct response and community teams to build and maintain a comprehensive communications and experience/event calendar.
- Ensures the creation and execution of dynamic events and experiences that align with our institutional and departmental objectives and that adapt to the ever-changing fundraising event landscape as we approach the next campaign.
- In collaboration with the Senior Director, Donor Experience serve as visionary and strategic partner in helping to re-imagine opportunities and tactics to engage donors and prospects with the institution.
- Develop strategic and collaborative partnerships with fundraisers to create and execute customized stewardship products and experiences for past, present, and future donors.
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Development, Communications to coordinate writing support for stewardship activities, reviewing and editing communications as needed.
- Leads innovation, generates new ideas and provides strategic thinking as it relates to engagement, experience, and communications for donors and prospects.
- Works closely with Data Services and Fundraising Analytics to utilize Development information and data metrics to best inform, guide, and evaluate strategic planning for donor stewardship and experience initiatives
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a Bachelors degree required.
15+ years of relevant experience with 6 years of management experience, including demonstrated experience successfully managing a team and creating a positive environment.
Proven leadership, management, and organizational skills, as well as experience in designing and executing comprehensive stewardship processes and procedures
A collegial, collaborative, and accessible leadership style, well suited to management in a complex academic medical center setting
Ability to work independently as well as part of a dynamic team.
Ability to interact professionally with all levels of diverse public.
Ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments and meet deadlines.
Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
High level of initiative and creativity.
Graduate degree preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate
with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here
Apply online: http://nyu.contacthr.com/82391201