Director of Development
Vaccinate Your Family, a national nonprofit organization committed to reducing the burden of vaccine-preventable diseases, seeks a Director of Development to join our dynamic staff and board at an exciting time in the organization’s history. Celebrating 30 years as the leading national vaccine education, advocacy and policy organization, Vaccinate Your Family’s work centers on raising public awareness and combatting misinformation to advance the critical need for timely immunizations, the benefits of vaccines and their safety. Through advocacy and public policy efforts, Vaccinate Your Family educates policymakers and ensures vaccine access for everyone, including our most vulnerable citizens.
Founded in 1991 as Every Child By Two, our work builds on the important legacy of founders, Former First Lady Rosalynn Carter and Former First Lady of Arkansas Betty Bumpers. Together, these pioneers worked to advance a national focus on protecting all people in the U.S. from vaccine-preventable diseases. Today, Vaccinate Your Family is proud to continue this legacy with a dedicated board, scientific advisory committee and staff of leading experts in public health, academic medicine, marketing, advocacy and public policy.
The Director of Development will be responsible for building a comprehensive fundraising program and strategy to increase philanthropic support to advance Vaccinate Your Family’s mission and vision. The director will initiate and establish long-standing, holistic relationships with corporations, foundations and individuals. Additionally, the director will develop a strategy to steward Vaccinate Your Family’s existing and future corporate, foundation and individual donors.
The Director of Development will:
- Initiative and execute an annual advancement strategy to strengthen VYF’s relationships with corporations, individuals and foundations with the goal of generating increased and sustainable revenue.
- Prepare presentation materials to represent VYF and/or accompany and support Board Members and the Executive Director at meetings with prospects and donors.
- Initiate and supervise an effective program of stewardship for all corporate, foundation and individual donors.
- Expand the organization’s prospecting efforts to identify new funders.
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 50 organizational prospects and donors (individuals, corporations, foundations), each with customized cultivation, solicitation and stewardship plans.
- Prepare grant and sponsorship letters of inquiry, proposals and reports in collaboration with staff.
- Serve as a representative, promoting VYF’s mission and programs to various constituencies.
- Ensure appropriate acknowledgment and administrative tracking for donors and prospects. Provide data and reporting to leadership on the status of prospects and revenue.
- Track trends and stay current with new approaches to fundraising. Identify and communicate to leadership all potential opportunities and/or relationships that will increase VYF’s ability to raise funds.
The Director of Development will hold a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent experience in managing a development program. A Master’s is preferred. The ideal candidate will have 5 to 7 years mid to senior-level development experience with a track record of successfully securing five, six and seven figure grants, sponsorships and gifts. Prior experience working within national or international non-profit organizations on public health, marketing and communications is also desired. Superior communications and presentation skills required. The candidate will demonstrate a high level of integrity, flexibility, ability to telecommute, and compassion to address the practicalities of a growing nonprofit organization, along with the creativity and persistence required to elicit new thinking and change.
Vaccinate Your Family is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants of all racial, ethnic, sexual orientation and disability to apply for consideration.
Learn about our Mission and Vision @ www.vaccinateyourfamily.org
Apply for Director of Development
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly