Development Director, Donor Relations
The Director, Donor Relations plays a key role in advancing the Donor Relations team’s goal of meaningfully engaging the Hospital’s donors by updating them on the impact of their support and connecting them with the beneficiaries of their generosity. The Director leads a narrative, web and video stewardship reporting program that prioritizes innovation and personalization. The Director also supervises the Donor Relations reporting team, oversees overall stewardship report delivery, and carries a portfolio of important narrative reports that update major and principal gift donors on the impact of their philanthropy. This individual collaborates with multiple teams in the Brigham Development Office to provide an integrated, positive donor experience, including the fundraising, operations, recognition, and development communications and events teams. The Director reports to the Assistant Vice President, Donor Relations.
At the Brigham, we are dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive community that encourages every employee to bring their authentic self to work. Brigham Health and the Development Office are focused on equity and ensuring equal access to employment and advancement opportunities. We seek to embrace the full spectrum of human diversity: race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, and national origin. We believe honoring all forms of human presence and expression enriches the Brigham community and enables us to more fully understand and meet the needs of our diverse community.
Currently, the Development Office is working remotely.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Oversee the Donor Relations team’s reporting program and manage the team of Donor Relations report writers. Guide, lead and advocate for the writing team with the senior leadership group.
* Implement an innovative reporting program at the Brigham, with the goals of keeping major and principal gift donors informed and engaged about the impact of their support and bringing what’s next in donor engagement to the Brigham and our donors, maintaining the Hospital's stewardship leadership.
* Maintain and refine guiding principles that ensure meaningful, consistent and sustainable reporting on current use, endowed and capital gifts.
* Collaborate with the Development Communications team to create templates that reflect on-brand contemporary design and include visually engaging elements such as photos, infographics and charts. Ensure reports meet standards of editorial excellence.
* Incorporate donor feedback and best practices into program design and delivery. Offer and explore engaging digital and hard copy report formats.