Peer to Peer Fundraising Specialist
The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Peer to Peer Fundraising Specialist is responsible for the WWP signature 5K series, Carry Forward. This role will help in the design, planning, and execution of these 5K events across the country and virtually. These responsibilities includes working cross channels within the organization and working with external supporters, events, volunteers, and vendors to ensure events are successful and generate revenue to support WWP programs and services.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Motivate supporters to maximize participation and fundraising in their communities and throughout their network.
- Work with the Corporate Partnership team to identify, cultivate and steward event series sponsors.
- Identify and secure community level sponsorships for the city and virtual Carry Forward events.
- Inspire new supporters, while maintaining and cultivating existing supporters.
- Manage event process from start to finish. Develop project plans, identify venues, research, recommend, and secure vendors.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure their roles and required participation is clearly defined to provide a successful event, e.g., marketing, social, and programs.
- Work as a liaison with internal WWP departments to ensure each event is successfully marketed to its target market and audience and ensure the correct corporate messages are communicated in order to achieve the greatest return on investment.
- Monitor participation and fundraising results, track, and report against approved budget to evaluate event success and determine future potential for a repeat activity.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with vendors, consultants, and other outside resources to ensure availability of quality resources for ongoing events activities.
- Travel as needed to specific events to provide an onsite presence and resources.
- Work collaboratively and interdepartmentally to fulfill event related strategic objectives.
- Work with regional teammates to support WWP’s Carry Forward 5K series.
- Work within technical platforms, e.g., Donor Drive, Monday.
- Assist with standing up appropriate level of volunteer support for events in specific geographies.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Highly motivated, passionate, and creative team player with demonstrated commitment to the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, team environment with the ability to self-motivate and work independently.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and complete assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and internet.
- Understanding and proven success in a sales role.
- Capable of learning proprietary and fundraising software customer relationship management (CRM) systems.
- Professional presence and demeanor.
- Ability to provide high level of service to targeted client and customer base.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Team player, with ability to communicate with diverse personalities in a tactful and mature manner.
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify viable options. problem-solve, and make timely decisions.
- Ability to influence others, inside and outside of the organization, with indirect authority.
- Strong fundraising, relationship building, and negotiation skills.
- Three years of experience in fundraising or sales.
- Three years of experience with nonprofit event fundraising.
- Three years of peer-to-peer fundraising experience.
- Three years of event planning experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, event management, marketing, or related field. Equivalent combination of applicable education, training, certification, and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.