Community Fundraising Specialist
The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Community Fundraising Specialist works with community fundraisers across the country in their efforts to fundraise in support of WWP. The Community Fundraising Specialist collaborates with community members, volunteers, internal teammates, and vendors and provides advice and resources to ensure these community events are successful and generate revenue in support of WWP programs and services. The Community Fundraising Specialist directly supports designated events on behalf of WWP.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify key community fundraising segments and work with leadership and teammates to develop strategies to maximize fundraising in these segments, e.g., golf tournaments, athletic events, gaming, youth events and others as identified.
- Assist new and existing supporters with their fundraising events.
- Serve as a liaison with several internal WWP departments (communications, social, marketing, etc) to ensure events are marketed and resourced appropriately.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to meet event-related strategic objectives.
- Travel to specific events as needed and provide onsite presence and resources as appropriate.
- Work with regional teammates to assist in supporting local community fundraisers.
- Measure key areas of support including demographics and geography by event type.
- Analyze community fundraising events’ results, and track and report against approved budget.
- Evaluate events’ success, and the potential for future activities for the various event types and markets. Prepare appropriate reports for management.
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors, consultants, and other outside resources to ensure availability of quality resources for ongoing events’ activities.
- Maintain appropriate tracking system to ensure ongoing communication with community fundraisers.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of event management from idea creation to full execution.
- Demonstrated ability to manage events of varying complexity.
- Demonstrated understanding social media e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, SnapChat, LinkedIn
- Demonstrated understanding of e-fundraising, e.g., email fundraising, campaigns, event space.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with external supporters.
- Computer proficiency and technical skills with Microsoft Office products, e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Experienced with proprietary and fundraising software and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) databases.
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- High energy level. Self-starter; willing to take initiative.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with.
- Three years of experience in fundraising, recruitment, marketing, or sales.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, event management, marketing, or related field. Equivalent combination of applicable education, training, certification, and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.