Regional Field Representative - Mid Atlantic
Remote (Mid Atlantic)
The Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN) is seeking a highly-motivated Major Gifts professional to cultivate donor relationships and convey the impact of CBN’s Christian media to our partners. This results-oriented fundraiser will increase financial commitments to the organization and its strategic initiatives by developing and managing relationships with individual donors for major and planned gifts.
CBN has a longstanding community of invested partners and donors who power CBN’s capacity to advance The Gospel message. Our mission as a multifaceted nonprofit organization is to create Christian content and programs that ignite a salvation engine to carry hope to millions around the world. If you are a successful fundraiser with a connection to our mission, serving at CBN may be your next opportunity.
A proven track record of success will include the following:
- Minimum three to five years’ successful fundraising experience in major gift development, preferably with an international development organization
- Highly energetic professional with excellent interpersonal skills and a track record of building long term donor relationships and closing gifts
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of major donors and how to deepen donor relationships with the organization
- Demonstrated experience in developing in-depth cultivation and solicitation strategies to include planned giving
- History of successfully achieving annual and long-range development goals
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with ability to speak persuasively and articulate an organization’s mission and purpose
- Polished and sophisticated communicator with excellent ability to collaborate cross-functionally and cooperatively with various departments
- Working knowledge of Biblical principles and stewardship
- Strategic thinker with strong ability to “think on one’s feet”
- Self-starter with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently while under pressure to meet goals and deadlines
- Computer proficiency and experience with MS Office and donor databases
- Solid background of superior work ethic, integrity, and Christian commitment
- Ability to travel and work flexible, irregular hours; possess valid driver’s license
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
CBN has 60 years of rich history in program initiatives and an ever expanding vision to integrate and utilize emerging digital media technologies to reach younger generations. From broadcasting original programming across approximately 174 countries and territories in 48 languages to our animation series, Superbook, viewed by over 200 million children across 123 countries in 56 languages, CBN is on a mission to spread The Good News! In addition, CBN’s many subsidiary and affiliate organizations provide orphan care, freshwater wells, medical surgeries and disaster relief in its tireless efforts to reach the world with the message of hope from the Bible.