Disability Rights Maryland (DRM), a private, non-profit law firm, is a recognized leader in disability rights and the Congressionally-mandated Protection and Advocacy organization for individuals with disabilities in Maryland. We provide free legal services and advocacy to persons with disabilities statewide. DRM envisions a world where people with disabilities are fully included in the workplace, neighborhoods and all aspects of community life. We help people with disabilities pursue opportunities to participate fully in all aspects of community life, and champion their rights to self-determination, dignity, equality, opportunity, and freedom from discrimination and harm.
Disability Rights Maryland (DRM) seeks a highly-motivated and dedicated Development Associate to support the organization’s growing development department.
The Development Associate is responsible for supporting activities related to institutional, corporate and individual giving, including foundation prospect research, drafting donor-centered communications and administrative support. This position holds the primary responsibility for the administration and use of the organization’s donor database, accurately recording gift transactions, continuously expanding and improving constituent data. The Development Associate generates gift acknowledgments, appeal lists and campaign reports and performs other functions in support of Development operations. Additionally, the Development Associate works closely with Project teams and Accounting staff to provide administrative support for development activities.
This is a full-time position based in Baltimore, MD with the potential for remote work. The Development Associate will work under the supervision of the Executive Director.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manipulate constituent data to produce segmented recipient lists for targeted solicitations;
- Proactively mine donor data and keep current with emerging trends;
- Work with the Development Team to seek creative connections between our programs, staff and events to engage prospects and donors;
- Plan and implement donor engagement activities, including special events, presentations, and Anniversary events to expand awareness of the organization’s mission;
- Demonstrate customer-focused orientation by anticipating and exceeding the needs of our individual donors, Board members and external constituents and
- Prepare promotional materials.
- Oversee the daily operation of a relational development database, including recording gift transactions;
- Continuously support revenue generation through, data cleansing, querying/reporting, list management and analysis; and
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of gift and constituent data and reporting; Output includes generating gift receipts, campaign reporting and financial reporting.
Gift and Donor Data Entry
- Record revenue received from various sources including online and offline credit card transactions, gifts of stock, wire transfers and checks received in-house;
- Generate and distribute gift summary reports;
- Prepare timely and accurate gift acknowledgments;
- Process changes of address and researches incorrect addresses and other updates to constituent records;
- Conduct biographical, financial and philanthropic research on individuals and/or institutional prospects and donors; and
- Assist in other Development initiatives and activities: including annual Gala and special events, Foundation, Major Gifts, Firm/Corporate, Direct Marketing and other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements and Competencies:
- Deep commitment to DRM’s mission to strive to create a just and inclusive society by advancing the human and legal rights of people with disabilities, securing their opportunities to participate fully in community life, and defending their rights to self-determination, dignity, equality, choice and safety;
- Preference will be given to applicants with Development experience, such as knowledge of fundraising principles and basic gift accounting practices and proficiency with Sales Force or comparable relational donor database with an aptitude for using information systems in support of development operations;
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired;
- 2 to 5 years of successful work in fundraising for nonprofit organizations or equivalent experience:
- Discretion with sensitive, confidential and proprietary information;
- Accuracy and attention to detail in written work and during data entry;
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Power-Point, Access and especially Excel) to produce reports and correspondence for stakeholders;
- Strong organizational, analytical and planning skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and competing deadlines;
- Outstanding communications skills;
- Social media experience and proficiency;
- Must be able to work occasional special events as needed, and additional hours during peak times as required.
- Travel with access to transportation.
Salary and benefits are competitive for a nonprofit legal organization. Salary is commensurate with education and experience, Annual Salary Range: $50,000 to 55,000. Staff Benefits include Employer Sponsored (Medical, Dental and Group Life & AD&D); 403(b) Retirement Plan; Voluntary Flexible Spending (Medical and/or Dependent Care) and paid Holidays and Vacation/Sick days.
Individuals with disabilities, people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals and others who contribute to staff diversity are especially encouraged to apply. DRM is an Equal Opportunity employer.
E-Mail cover letter with resume and writing sample to: email@example.com
with “Development Associate” in the subject line to.
This position was announced April 22, 2021. Priority will be given to applications received by May 8, 2021.
Apply for Development Associate
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly