Director of Donor Relations
Director of Donor Relations
Location Brooklyn, NY Open Date Apr 13, 2021 Deadline May 7, 2021 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time Description
Pratt Institute is seeking a Director of Donor Relations who will oversee all aspects of donor relations and stewardship. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong analytical and successful project management skills ensuring to follow industry standards and best practices to properly stewards Pratt donors to fulfill legal and ethical obligations to them while encouraging increased levels of support. If you are looking for an opportunity to be a part of a growing team that will be instrumental in building philanthropic support in a collaborative and entrepreneurial culture, then we want to hear from you.
Key Essential Duties include the following:
- Build a solid foundation of timely, efficient, and meaningful stewardship practices, including managing the receipt and special gift acknowledgment process and generation of stewardship reports, and pledge reminders.
- Promote a culture of providing best-in-class customer service to donors, alumni, and friends.
- Build and sustain collaborative working relationships with staff, contributors, partners, and vendors from diverse backgrounds.
- Supervise the work of the Donor Relations Manager ensuring that they support the needs of the Donors and the Institutional Advancement department as related to cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Convene and lead meetings related to Pratt's Gift Acceptance Policy document. Provide project management for the development of new policies and procedures; engage legal support as necessary.
Education: Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred.
Experience: 4-5 years of professional work experience in the field of donor relations, with a demonstrated record of successful project management. Experience working in the development office of a large educational institution or non-profit strongly preferred.
- Excellent writing, organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- The intelligence, maturity, and sound judgment necessary for interfacing with major donor prospects, trustees, faculty, and staff.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to motivate and manage administrative support staff.
- Proficiency in The Raiser's Edge, Fundriver, Colleague, Microsoft Word, Excel PowerPoint.
- Must have the ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with diverse staff and funders, as well as demonstrate intercultural competence.
Please submit your cover letter and resume. If you are selected for an interview, please be prepared to provide at least 5 References via our on-line reference tool system. At least 2 of your References must be, or have been, your direct managers.
To apply, please visit: https://apply.interfolio.com/86060
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Pratt Institute recognizes and values the benefits of a diverse workforce.