Reporting to the Vice Chancellor of University Advancement with
a dotted line relationship to
the Dean of the College of Natural Resources (CNR), the Development Officer fosters lasting relationships with alumni and friends of UW-Stevens Point that result in increased engagement and philanthropic support. Working in close coordination with the University Advancement team, the Development Officer will plan and manage activities to secure commitments of $10,000 and above in support of CNR programs and related campus priorities. The CNR is widely regarded as the nation’s leading undergraduate natural resource program with deep roots in Wisconsin’s strong conservation heritage. This position is based in Wisconsin with travel to strategic locations in the United States where UW-Stevens Point alumni and friends are located.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Demonstrated experience in fundraising or related field.
• Computer proficiency with standard MS Office applications and video conferencing.
• Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Previous experience in higher education or nonprofit
• Understanding of major gift fundraising best practices.
• Working knowledge of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge database.
• Strong interest in natural resources and the outdoors.