Director of Individual & Legacy Giving
The Director of Individual & Legacy Giving directly solicits and closes major gifts with a portfolio of prospective and leadership donors throughout Wisconsin to meet PBS Wisconsin’s short and long-term programming and capital project fundraising goals. This position also promotes and solicits legacy gifts through the promotion of bequests and other charitable giving vehicles with an overall goal of encouraging and increasing donors’ lifetime giving value. This position Is in the Development department and reports to the Managing Director of Individual & Legacy Giving.
DEGREE AND AREA OF SPECIALIZATION
Bachelor’s Degree in non-profit management, communications, business, public relations or related field required.
MINIMUM YEARS AND TYPE OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of four years’ development experience including work in major and/or planned giving.
- Demonstrated experience in cultivating relationships and making asks that have resulted in major/planned gifts and a record of success in achieving development goals.
- Demonstrated understanding of the major and planned giving process, principles, methods and practices including prospect research, cultivation, and stewardship.
- Experience and demonstrated success managing projects, timelines and revenue goals.
- Experience and comfort with technology, including spreadsheet software and donor relationship management databases.
- Experience in working with board members and community volunteer fundraisers.
- Advanced written, oral and interpersonal communication skills to communicate effectively and persuasively with a wide range of people and to represent PBS Wisconsin with key constituents.
NOT REQUIRED BUT DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of planned giving vehicles, such as bequests, beneficiary designations, and charitable gift annuities.
- Experience or knowledge of public broadcasting fundraising.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu by June 1st, 2021. The job number is 233484. The following must be received for your application to be complete: 1) Resume; 2) A cover letter describing how your experience relates to the job duties and minimum and desirable qualifications.
As applicants progress to interviews, they will need to provide at least three professional references with titles, emails, and phone numbers (include at least one supervisory reference).