Prospect Research Manager
Prospect Research Manager
Forté is changing the balance of power in the workplace. We open doors for women to reimagine what they can achieve in business—from launching first jobs to advancing to the C-suite. Our powerful alliance of talented women, influential companies, leading undergraduate and business schools, and pioneering donors empowers women to change their career trajectories, their earning power, and their lives. Through business education, role models, professional networks, and leadership training, Forté shows women how to build the credibility, skills, network, and confidence to thrive as leaders and change the status quo. More information about Forté can be found at http://www.fortefoundation.org.
Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Prospect Research Manager is responsible for all aspects of prospect research, including research, identification, profiles, and analytics across Forté’s corporate, academic, and philanthropy fundraising streams.
Key responsibilities include:
- Drive on-going research that impacts fundraising, including economic indicators, corporate news, and financial data.
- Identify both public and commercial data sources for giving opportunities and capacity.
- Identify and share fundraising knowledge, insights, and trends with the Development team.
- Utilize key biographic, financial, and engagement data indicators to identify new prospects.
- Apply analytics and insights to understand the giving capacity of individual prospects.
- Help develop strategies to promote the best moves management practices to transition prospects to donors.
- Create profiles, using biographical information, financial data, news, philanthropic history, etc.
- Consistently review, refine, and incorporate Forté engagement into the profile, including event participation, speaker opportunities, and other forms of engagement.
- Reporting and Analytics:
- Deliver a set of analytics-based insights to understand prospect conversion and stewardship metrics.
- Steward the fundraising data in Forté’s systems, including making any recommendations for additional data to be tracked, reports, etc.
- Develop management summary reports.
- Understanding of the fundraising landscape, including individual giving, major gifts, foundations, grants, and corporate giving.
- Ability to effectively use constituent relationship management systems, CRM, external vendor tools, and public information to study and summarize biographical and financial information.
- Solid organization skills to handle multiple assignments simultaneously, scoping and leading projects, and meeting deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Attention to detail, responsiveness, flexibility and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Must be able to work autonomously, exercise independent decision-making, and set priorities with minimal supervision in a fast-changing entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrates energy and passion for the Forté vision to advance women into business leadership with a clear understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Required Education / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree highly preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 6-10 years of work experience in a similar position.
- Solid knowledge of the principles and practices of philanthropy.
- 3+ years of experience with a constituent relationship management system required.
- 3+ years of experience with prospect identification strategies and research techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, synthesize, and summarize data from a wide variety of sources.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Commensurate with experience.
- 401(k) retirement plan with 5% matching available after 1 month of employment.
- Health, Dental, Vision, STD and Life insurance.
- Generous paid time off / holiday schedule.
- Job growth opportunities.
- Virtual work environment – home office.
Employees of Forté work independently from home offices. Each employee should have the capacity within their home to set up a work environment or office. Forté provides a computer, phone, office supplies, and internet stipend for all employees.
The ideal candidate will be based in Texas.