Director of Development, Adolescent and Young Adult (AYA) Cancer Non-Profit
Are you ready for your next adventure? Stupid Cancer, the leader in adolescent and young adult (AYA) cancer advocacy, support, and education, is hiring a Director of Development. We are looking for someone ready to build relationships that last longer than a swipe, and to raise critical, transformative funds to benefit the thousands of 18 to 39-year-olds who are diagnosed with or surviving cancer. If you want a place where your ideas for development and fundraising are nurtured and success is as wide-open as you can imagine it, then we want to hear from you.
Founded in 2007, Stupid Cancer has spent more than a decade ending isolation, building community, providing education, and redefining quality-of-life for this community. Our mission is to help empower everyone affected by adolescent and young adult cancer by ending isolation and building community.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Development position is based in Stupid Cancer's New York City headquarters. We are temporarily working remotely due to the COVID-19 restrictions, but we’re a small, close-knit team, working hard to keep a virtual office culture alive. Yeah, we Zoom.
The Director of Development will report to the Chief Executive Officer and manage a wide variety of responsibilities across the fundraising channels of Stupid Cancer. The Director of Development will oversee all fundraising efforts, build strong and successful relationships, and maintain communications with donors. We are looking for a realistic, yet innovative leader to both enhance Stupid Cancer’s current income-generating activities, and create new, sustainable fundraising activities. There will be a strong focus on corporate social responsibility relationships. The goal is to increase the current income portfolio from $1.8 million to $3 million-plus within the next three years with a solid, actionable, sustainable development plan.
We are looking for someone who is as excited to build a fundraising program, as we are to hear your ideas. As the Director of Development, you will have the opportunity to:
- Implement a strategic and comprehensive development plan from the ground up, filled with your ideas about how to get Stupid Cancer from $1.8 million to $3 million-plus by 2024.
- Launch – with some help – a robust corporate social responsibility program.
- Create and implement a collegiate engagement plan.
- Work closely with the CEO and Board of Directors to identify and steward major gift donors.
- Develop a digital giving strategy to directly communicate with our audience, encouraging donations.
As the Director of Development, we want you to take what we already do – and bring it to the next level by:
- Working with our marketing and communications staff to grow our Giving Tuesday and End-of-Year giving initiatives.
- Building on the success of our inaugural February Fitness Challenge to create an annual P2P virtual event which consistently raises six-figures or more.
- Focusing on promoting our newly launched fundraising platform (NeonOne – formerly RallyBound) to encourage DIY and P2P fundraising.
Then there’s some other stuff to like:
- Re-engage lapsed donors and maintain relationships with current donors
- Participate in all-hands-on-deck events, such as our signature programmatic event, CancerCon
- Programmatic support in collaboration with the CEO and other senior staff
- Prepare development reports and analyses for CEO and Board of Directors
- Minimum 5 years of development experience, with demonstrated ability to raise revenue
- Specific experience with corporate engagement, P2P fundraising, and social media driven fundraising campaign experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit and sensibility
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-efficiency, low-overhead environment with a small, but dedicated staff
- Understanding of digital fundraising platforms and CRM (specifically, Salesforce)
- Experience in nonprofit fundraising
Salary and Benefits
$80,000 - $90,000
Exempt, Full-Time position
Eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, and more.
To apply, email a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to HR@stupidcancer.org
Apply for Director of Development, Adolescent and Young Adult (AYA) Cancer Non-Profit
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly