Development & Communications Manager
The Foundation for Financial Planning (FFP) http://ffpprobono.org/ offers a unique opportunity for an individual seeking exciting professional growth at an entrepreneurial and thriving national nonprofit. This position is located in downtown Washington, D.C.
We are looking for a high-performing self-starter to serve as Manager, Development & Communications, working closely with our Senior Director, Development & Communications and the rest of our small and growing team. This is an excellent opportunity for a development professional with several years of experience to expand significantly on his or her responsibilities, with a chance to manage a large portfolio of donors, create and execute on new giving and awareness campaigns, front-face with leading executives in the financial services sector, and develop close working relationship with our experienced team members, who have deep backgrounds in nonprofit and other relevant fields.
FFP is a national 501(c)(3) charitable organization, solely devoted to supporting the delivery of pro bono financial planning and advice to at-risk populations, including military members and wounded veterans, people with cancer and other serious medical diagnoses, seniors and family caregivers, low-income individuals and their families, domestic violence survivors, victims of natural disaster, and many more. FFP has provided more than $7 million in grants to national and community-based pro bono programs; worked with partners to activate more than 20,000 financial planners to volunteer their time and talents; and acted as a leader and catalyst to embed a rich tradition of pro bono service across the financial advice profession.
- Support the Senior Director, Development & Communications on all fundraising and communications efforts, with a goal to build on our 5-year strategic plan to significantly increase annual giving and raise the national profile of FFP.
- Develop, execute and manage new fundraising strategies, specifically focused on individual and online giving.
- Establish relationships with core individual donor base, with a goal to ultimately manage Individual Giving portfolio.
- Manage all gift processing, including gift entry, data input/analysis, and acknowledgments.
- Create and maintain messaging and other content, including for FFP’s website, e-newsletters, mailings, and fundraising collaterals.
- Monitor and develop FFP’s social media presence and manage online giving campaigns.
- Provide support on media announcements, video projects, and special events.
- Provide support on Board of Trustees meetings and Development Committee meetings.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years of direct experience in nonprofit development required. Additional experience in communications preferred.
- Working knowledge of DonorPerfect or other development CRM is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Experience with WordPress, MailChimp and social media preferred.
- Strong strategic planning and project management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to draft high quality written materials and correspondence.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and a willingness to be adaptable to dynamic needs.
- High degree of organization and attention to detail and ability to manage and make progress on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Passion for philanthropy and the impact it can achieve, with a strong interest in learning about and excelling within the nonprofit sector.
- Good sense of humor and ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
Instructions HOW TO APPLY
Candidates MUST submit a resume and one-page cover letter through the link to be considered for the position. The cover letter must address why you want to work at FFP and how you fit the job requirements. We will disregard candidates that do not submit the appropriate materials. Due to the volume of applicants, only those selected for screening will be contacted.
Competitive Salary and benefits
THIS POSITION IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR WORK VISA SPONSORSHIP