Senior Communications Specialist, Forests - 21058
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world's leading conservation organizations, seeks a Senior Communications Specialist, Forests.
The senior communications specialist develops and executes communications strategies and plans to advance the WWF-US Forest team's
major initiatives and the organization's forest conservation goals. This position plays a critical role in managing the Forest team's
communications efforts with internal and external audiences and implements defined strategies and projects. The work of the senior
communications specialist is central to the overall success of the Forest team's programmatic communications. Key Responsibilities
- In coordination with the senior director of communications
for the Forest team and program staff, drives the development
execution of communications strategies, tactics, messaging, content, and work plans in line with the Forest team's key conservation
priorities and overarching communications strategy.
- Leads the creation of presentations, publications,
communications collateral, web content, and more for internal and
- Serves as a primary liaison between the Forest team and key
internal stakeholders, including Marketing &
Development, Public Sector Engagement, Policy and Government Affairs, and the global Forest Practice.
- Responds to requests for information from and opportunities
to collaborate with WWF colleagues, external partners, and
- Provides communications counsel and manages/represents the
Forest team at select internal and external events,
webinars, conferences, etc.
- Establishes expertise in select Forest team programmatic
areas to provide guidance on developing and reaching
goals related to the programs.
- Tracks topics relevant to the Forest team's conservation
agenda and identifies and helps mitigate potential reputational
Manages relevant Forest team social media assets and supports executives' social media outreach.
- Oversees the Forest team fact database, editorial calendar, and internal newsletter.
- Reviews the performance outcomes and status of
communications activities, evaluates and reports relevant results,
recommendations for future activities.
- Serves as an ambassador for the Forest team internally and externally.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., communications, journalism, conservation, or international development).
- Six years of experience conceptualizing, developing,
implementing, and managing communications strategies that support
entity's goals (or a minimum of three years of experience with an advanced degree).
- Experience with mission-oriented strategic communications and success as a creative and effective communicator.
- Ability to manage complex communications issues and think strategically.
- Excellent program management and organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Stellar copy-editing skills and familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style and Associated Press Stylebook standards.
- Experience managing social media assets and familiarity with a variety of communications platforms.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships in a complex environment.
- Strong commitment to the mission, goals, and values of WWF.
Submit cover letter and resume through
our Careers Page, Requisition #21058
Due to the high volume of applications
we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone