Major Donor Director (Environmental Advocacy)
Center for Food Safety (CFS), one of the nation’s top food and environmental advocacy nonprofit organizations, is seeking a Major Donor Director based in our San Francisco office.
About CFS: CFS empowers people, supports farmers, and protects the earth from the adverse impacts of industrial food and farming production, and promotes organic and sustainable food systems. CFS uses legal actions, policy initiatives, scientific and policy reports, and corporate and grassroots campaigns to reduce the impacts of industrial agriculture on the environment and human health. CFS has an integrated suite of issue areas, including: GMOs, climate change, factory farming, pesticides, pollinators, food labeling, organic foods, and more.
Position Overview: CFS’s Major Donor Director is responsible for creating and executing a plan for major donor outreach to current and prospective donors, and identifying, cultivating, and stewarding relationships with current and prospective major donors. This position also works closely with CFS program staff and the leadership team to develop program strategies and as such is an ideal opportunity to engage in cutting-edge food and farming issues. The ideal candidate will be committed to sustainable food and environment issues and eager to support CFS’s growth and evolution. This is a full-time salaried position. This role is based in San Francisco.
- Create and execute plan for major donor outreach to current and prospective donors, in consultation with development team.
- Identify, cultivate, and steward relationships with current and prospective major donors.
- Develop, plan, and coordinate general fundraising strategies in conjunction with the executive team.
- Assist with annual fundraising drive, including reviewing online fundraising pitches, video scripts, and donor letters.
- Oversee donor follow-up including database updates and acknowledgment letters.
- Assist in planning fundraising events.
- Other activities and projects as directed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- 7 or more years of demonstrated success working with major donors and other fundraising activities.
- Expertise in donor communications with demonstrated success in securing funds.
- Experience with the cultivation and stewardship of individual and institutional donors and funders.
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of fundraising.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Interest in environmental and/or food and farming issues, and a commitment to the mission of the Center for Food Safety preferred.